Well the wife says.....

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
maybe I should consider selling my 91 mkIII.

Not for the obvious reasons that many wifes want their husbands to sell their play toys, but for a reason I didn't see coming.

Let me explain, I bought a new truck in 09, then in 2010 when the Camaro's came out, I traded a nearly paid off truck in on a 2SS/RS 6 speed manual Camaro. Meanwhile the Supra just sits there.

Meanwhile, old faithful just sits there. Sure I start her up every week or so and take her around the block, but I really don't drive her much at all.

Now on to my wifes reasons for my parting with it. She, quite frankly, knows first hand how many countless hours have been spent in the garage and online, mainly here, getting things just right with the 7M. Then when that frustration was at its end, getting things ironed out for the 1j swap. Making sure that once it was in there would be many, many miles of trouble free service. Well in a nutshell she simply feels that I should let someone else enjoy it if I am not going to and that I am acting in a way--selfish by not doing so. After 2 years of mulling this over internally, I have begun to see her logic and think I am in a place where I can pick up my dragging feet and try and find it a good new home.

I would like to to say to all of those that have come to my aid over the years or have sold me parts or bought parts from me--THANK YOU.

I would like to say to those that have come to my home to hang out as well as lending a helping hand when needed--THANK YOU.

I have many fond memories of those I have met locally and those who have conversed with me via the telephone.

I have enjoyed being a part of this community for quite a few years now, with my visits being fewer and further between as of late. Hopefully that will change in the near future as I have many items to offer this community in the way of parts I have amassed over the years.

Again I say to the many of you that are Supramania,
THANK YOU, my toy would not be what it is with out your help.

Regards,
Wayne
SPD TRP

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Perhaps go on a long drive with your car. Rekindle the love between car and yourself. Maybe it will change your mind. But if it doesn't, I wish you the best of luck in the future.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Funny thing is, i started to feel that way with my car. I have a outback wagon daily (family car cuz of kids). I use to drive that everyday and the supra sat in the garage, i've put it for sale but of course no one will pay what i want, its a I will sell it only if i get x amount or i'll part it type of thing. That changed when my gf got a new job and she has to use the outback now so i have to daily drive my supra. I <3 driving my supra, i just dread the winter time. I'm looking for another daily but feel i'll only fall into the same pattern of not driving it as much once that happens.

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Perhaps it can be your weekend car ;D. but if otherwise best wishes to you. Maybe if you know someone that's after a car provided that they aren't gonna trash it. You can refer them to your one knowing that it's found a new good home.

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Lol, we're in the same boat, except Im not selling my Supra. I also have a 2010 2SS/RS M6 Camaro. I usually end up alternating which car I drive. I actually used to drive my Supra to work more often than I did the Camaro because it was a little better on gas and I didn't have to worry it much. Although the Supra isn't as fast as the Camaro, it is still fun to drive.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
but do you ever sit back and consider, nearly anyone could (and enjoy) owning a Camaro,

few can say that about a proper Mk3...

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
All of you make some very valid arguments, many of which I have had well, with myself sort of speak. I have mulled this over for quite sometime and am not sure I "want" to sell it, but it is a good solid car that someone else could enjoy everyday. So that brings me to I probably "need" to sell it because I feel it is just wasting away in my driveway and has been for 3 years. A running/driving, tagged/inspected, and insured car.

I guess what it boils down too is that I am a one car man, maybe better
put-a one modded car man. Maybe it is some sort of automotive ADD, but I can't seem to channel my enhancement efforts but to one auto at a time. Then I gotta drive and enjoy it everyday. I know this probably doesn't make much sense to many of you, hell I'm just barely following it myself and I'm typing it. I just can't seem to build something and let it sit, gotta enjoy it everyday.

Thanks for your thoughts

Wayne
SPD TRP

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
This is why I have my sports car and my truck something that is nothing like my supra and could never replace it... Just don't sell it to some kid that will surely wrap it around a tree in no time

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've been in your shoes, for a while anyway. I at one point, had a 1979 Celica (nearly mint), 1984 Mk2, 1989 Mk3, and 2001 SS Camaro. Sold off the Celica since I had nowhere to keep it (and it was an auto, killed the fun it could have been), and eventually got rid of the SS too. Once I got the Supra running, no matter how quick the SS was, it just wasn't as much fun to me, at least not at this high of an altitude. SS is now in better hands, and I don't regret it at all. Now I'm looking at the Mk2 that's been sitting in the garage, barely moved since I parked it there, and wondering the same as you, "should I let someone else have their turn?".

Fortunately, I'm not dumb enough to have ONLY a modified Supra as my sole means of transportation, so the Mk2 is staying put for now. :)

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
This is why I daily a 87' 7mge . and have a 91' 700+ 1jz (soon) so I never get sick of it. You have no idea how good it feels going from a 7mge auto that doesnt downshift, to a boosted car. it is the best feeling there is IMO.

since I was 16, all I ever owned was supras. performance is in my family, My dad still has his 56 F100 when he was 16. I dont plan on getting rid of my Weekend warrior. My DD on the other hand, ive switched up, different years/colors but it will def stay a supra.

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
unless your going to make some nice $$ from selling it why do it? Maybe its just in the way? I like having a rare car and that happens to be my fav from when I was a youngster. Camaros are everywhere, even the fast ones.

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
#04;1748193 said:
but do you ever sit back and consider, nearly anyone could (and enjoy) owning a Camaro,

few can say that about a proper Mk3...

AMEN!!!!

plus dont for get if you sell the supra it could end up in the wrong hands and afew yrs down the road you find it in a junk yard....

wterryinftey

Workin on It
Apr 19, 2010
Pell City, Alabama, United States
Or even worse... The guy who bought my first supra lost it in a nasty divorce and his ex wife flipped it in "malfunction junction" (I-65 @ I-20/59 in downtown Birmingham. and her wreck made me late for work..... see if i hadn't sold it none of that would have never happened and there would be 1 more supra safe from the crush master...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
A lot of comments so far on how common Camaros are, and it's VERY true. I see more Corvettes every day than I see Supras, because I only see two around here: mine.