well installed the 2jzgte over the weekend got some questions...

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
Is there an extended slave cylinder rod for the r154 transmission , because I have about 4 inches of pedal play at the top of the pedal before it starts engaging the clutch...(we resolved this issue on my buddies eclipse by using an extended slave cylinder rod)

1. I have bleed the clutch line properly.
2. there is no adjustable rod on the master cylinder.
3. I am running a full length stainless steel clutch line.
4. Is there a special slave cylinder you use with the r154/2jzgte combo
5. anyone got any links on where to get an extended rod from if its made

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
1. Why isn't there an adjusting rod on your master cyl
2. Is this a multi disc clutch system (twin triple)
3. See the Repair Manual for adjusting the master cyl.
4. No special slave all adjustments are done at the clutch pedal/master cyl
5. Your buddies clutch system may be different so don't assume the same technique will work.

CL_003.gif

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=CL&P=1

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
Its a standard exedy clutch. well the issue I have is i did not see threads or bolts on the main master cylinder rod thats why I thought it was a non-adjustable master cylinder.

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
well I had my wife operate the clutch pedal and I watched engagement/disengagement from the hatch on the side of the tranny , and when you press the clutch to the floor the first 4 inches doesn't move the clutch forks but then the last of the clutch pedal operates the fork about 1 inch total movement , I dont think it will disengage/engage the clutch enough for smooth shifts ... I found the adjustment for the master cylinder that you posted about (I had trouble feeling/seeing it before while standing on my head under the dashboard) I will be trying that probably one night this week after work or next sunday latest , hopefully it has enough adjustment in that otherwise a longer slave rod will be required for me I think...

ogre

Car Junkie
Oct 17, 2009
wendell, NC
ok guys, I the adjusted it and now it sits just about in the right position a little more than play than factory spec but should work good , thanks...