Well...I'm getting braces tomorrow.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Shiet. Eh, atleast I'll drink more than eat, so I'll probably lose some weight. Anyone have any bad experiences with braces?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Eh, braces kinda sucked. But it was definitely worth it. Straight teeth FTW! Don't eat now and laters. I ripped one of my back bands off. Didn;t cost anything extra, but it was like a 2-hour app. to get it cemented back on

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
When I had them and they tightened them I couldn't because it hurt so much. So I just drank boost.(it's a shake thing in a can that has tons of minerals and vitamins and taste really really good.) Thats what i reccomend.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
mg89 said:
Shiet. Eh, atleast I'll drink more than eat, so I'll probably lose some weight. Anyone have any bad experiences with braces?

I had them for about 6 years, i had the headset i wore at night along with the neck set(yea i know i had bucked teeth lol) to be honest the first week for me was hell. My head hurt, i couldnt eat right cause chewing felt weird and i couldnt sleep at night cause my head was hurting so bad. After a week or so i didnt notice anymore. Then Come eventually the rubber bands, those where the biggest pain in the ass if i have ever had one. Those things would break and shoot out and hit my one of my lips and the person directly infront of me.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
i had mine for about 3 years...

i had to get a palatal expander 1st, which is a little device that sticks to the roof of your mouth, and is put around your molars. Every so often you must turn it with a little tool, and it literally pulls the bones of your skull further apart to allow room for your teeth to be arranged. It wasnt noticable, except the 1st week or so, i spoke with a lisp, sounded kinda gay, but i didnt speak much

after i got that taken out, i had my braces installed, and it only hurt the 1st few days after each tightening..

i ate like normal, just get one of those brushes with the little bristles, look like little pipe cleaners with a toothbrush handle...

but straight teeth are definitely worth it, women absolutely love a man with straight teeth...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
yeah, picture speaking with peanut butter permanently stuck to the roof of your mouth...

here we go..

rapidpalatalexpanderio4.jpg

it's like a strut tower bar, that pushes your skull apart..