Well, I guess Im just retarded with body parts.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I cant figure out for the life of me how to get the front bumper off my car. i have the entire botoom section loose, but it's near the bumper foam that i cant figure out. Any tips or tricks? where to look? Pictures? TSRM didnt help me too much. Gah, stressful. Thanks guys.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
CDNSUPRA;893771 said:
I cant figure out for the life of me how to get the front bumper off my car. i have the entire botoom section loose, but it's near the bumper foam that i cant figure out. Any tips or tricks? where to look? Pictures? TSRM didnt help me too much. Gah, stressful. Thanks guys.

Did you get the bolts behind the grille by the turn signal lights?

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
OfnaRcR4;893783 said:
Did you get the bolts behind the grille by the turn signal lights?
There was a cap type bolt that i took off, but i figured that was for the foam. It was located above the fog light, is that the one youre talking about?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Have a look at this picture to figure out what you are missing:

MBN801B.gif

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
CDNSUPRA;893794 said:
There was a cap type bolt that i took off, but i figured that was for the foam. It was located above the fog light, is that the one youre talking about?

did you remove the bolts on the upper side of the front main air duct (same orientation as those bolts above the fog lights) if not, there's your problem!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Its a bitch to get off, I just changed mine out from my 87 to an 89. Believe me its no 30min job, just take your time, and double check everything. My biggest problem was fog light housing.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
D34DC311;894828 said:
Its a bitch to get off, I just changed mine out from my 87 to an 89. Believe me its no 30min job, just take your time, and double check everything. My biggest problem was fog light housing.

Yeah, I gave up after 1 1/2 hrs lol. My fogs are just held on by two bolts...?

Well, when I get time off, or some free time on the weekend, I'll try again. Thanks guys.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The brackets will come off with the bumper.

There's the two grilles beside the turn signals. Take those out, there are some screws behind them.

If you look up from the bottom, you should see the two bolts that hold teh fog lights in. Take them out, I believe there are some bolts behind them.

There are I think 3 bolts on the INSIDE of the bumper in front of the horn as well.

Ihate taking the bumper off.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Hw did you guys deal with the small cap type bolt behind the hydraulic fan lines right in the middle of the bumper? thats the last little c*nt i need to take off!

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Finally got that b!tch off. the last one hidden behind the hydraulic fan lines was he biggest pain in the ass EVER! Now i just need advice on how to mount my greddy bumper....