Well I finally have a good tune

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
12psi, conservative ~11.5 a/f and no clutch slip.
Just wanted to share :)

SAFR settings
RPM - Gain
3200 [-1]
3500 [-2]
3800 [-5]
4100 [-6]
4400 [-7]
4750 [-7]
5050 [-7]
5350 [-6]
5650 [-6]
5950 [-4]
6250 [-4]

Now, to get to work on my long awaited, 'have/waiting' mods.

Attachments

• goodtune.jpg
    goodtune.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Thanks guys!

I literally just completed these adjustments and that log was taken this morning. I have not dyno-ed yet. I do plan to get a few runs, soon, on my g-tech pro.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
p279984_1.gif

This past Saturday we, my girlfriend, her son and I, went to Tulsa for a meet with local Supra owners and a few others. Dyno was the main event. It was a smooth trip from Oklahoma City to Tulsa. Car ran perfect. When we get their, ten people are already signed up to run, so I’m on the list as 11th. We enjoyed visiting the others and watching everyone on their runs.

About mid afternoon the three of us decided to run up the street and get some water and snacks. On the way the car threw on the engine light and started balking badly. I gently pulled it in to the Quick Stop and checked over the SAFR connection while they went in for the goodies. Headed back, I can drive it slowly but if I step on it, it throws on the CEL and stumbles.

Once we are back I check the codes and have a 34, which I knew of from adjusting the EVC, and a …… 22, temp sensor, OH NO. I haven’t even got to dyno yet and now I’m broke. Ok, check over the sensors on the thermostat housing and ‘lo and behold’ I have a broken wire on my ECU Temp Sensor.

Not knowing how I am going to fix it, I start taking off the bolts to the power steering reservoir, to get at the sensor. The wire is broken off right at the connector. I gently get the connecting pin out of the connector, careful not to break the brittle plastic. Spread the wire crimp cut off the insulation and that gave me about 5mm of wire to work with on that end. I strip back some insulation on the wiring harness, twist them up, secure them with the crimp tabs, insert back in the connector and onto the sensor. Button up the reservoir and start it up with no errors :)

I am actually lucky this all occurred before and not on the dyno, and with plenty of time to correct it. My first run was at ~12.5psi and yielded 258hp. I upped the boost to ~13psi for my second run and gained 10hp to 268hp. Both runs had a beautifully level A/F line of ~11.5.

I was pleased with my results. Now on to my fuel mods and I should be over 300 to the wheels. Here is a shot of my wideband log. I will post the dyno graph when I receive them.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Dang, thats the crazy. Glad you fixed the problems and that is a sweet number to be making on the stock AFM and injectors. Good luck with the future mods!

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
quick question incase i missed a thread...but why would you tune before you did the fuel mods....arent you just going to have to do it all over again??

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Thanks Topher E

robbo185 - well, you tune what you got, to get the most out of it. Yes I will have to tune again when I do the fuel mods, but I tune continuously anyway. I have the ZT-2 and log regularly. :)