Weird starting issue

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
back in february, i was having issues with my car not charging the battery and the car randomly dying after a hard pull (18psi into 4th). took it to my friends shop, he redid the battery relocation fixing my charging issue, but we didnt bother with the dying issue yet since i was about to drop in my 1.5JZ with an aristo harness and ecu. fast forward to now, still havin issues with it starting and running, i take it back to my friend. he tells me that the car starts perfectly fine and drives fine, from cold tho. he said once the car is at temp, it will not restart unless he sprays some starting fluid into the throttle body, or if he plugs in another temp sensor to the harness. either of those ways, and the car will start right back up when its at running temp. hes put a new temp sensor in the water neck, but it really hasnt changed anything.

does anyone have an idea on what could cause this?

big yoggz

Bigzavs;1351756 said:
back in february, i was having issues with my car not charging the battery and the car randomly dying after a hard pull (18psi into 4th). took it to my friends shop, he redid the battery relocation fixing my charging issue, but we didnt bother with the dying issue yet since i was about to drop in my 1.5JZ with an aristo harness and ecu. fast forward to now, still havin issues with it starting and running, i take it back to my friend. he tells me that the car starts perfectly fine and drives fine, from cold tho. he said once the car is at temp, it will not restart unless he sprays some starting fluid into the throttle body, or if he plugs in another temp sensor to the harness. either of those ways, and the car will start right back up when its at running temp. hes put a new temp sensor in the water neck, but it really hasnt changed anything.

does anyone have an idea on what could cause this?

I'm not to sure but the first thing that pops in my head is cold start injectors. I'm pretty sure I'm wrong

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't heard of anyone having problems starting once it's at operating temp. I've heard of a few that have problems starting when it's cold outside. I wish I could help you Ben, but I don't know what it could be.