Weird squeaking noise

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
Couple of days now I've been hearing a squeaking noise coming from under my hood. It's weird, it only squeaks on initial startup for about a second. Then I would drive and it would be fine, no strange noises. Then all of a sudden I would hear my clutch fan make a very heavy noise and the squeak will be continuous from 4k - 7k rpm. The Rpm's below 4k I would not hear a squeak, but clutch fan sounds ridiculously loud :(. Then I would stop the car and turn it on later and it would drive normally and come back randomly.

I changed my serp. Belt yesterday because it seemed obvious. Problem seemed to have went away yesterday. But then on my way to school the heavy clutch fan noise came back and then as soon as I hit 4k rpm the squeak came back! :(

It's a very annoying problem. What do you guys think it could be? Maybe the alternator bearing?

It's weird because my clutch fan will start to make a very heavy noise, and that's the signal that I listen for when I knw it's going to start squeaking in the upper Rpm's...I'll start it back up when I leave class and see what happens

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
But if the belt was too tight, wouldn't I have that problem all the time? It seems to go and come randomly. And the times that it's not squeaking I don't hear my clutch fan at all.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
1wickedA70;1816205 said:
But if the belt was too tight, wouldn't I have that problem all the time?

Not always. it's worth a shot only other thing i would do is try and see id the clutch fan wiggles at all on the bearing.

It also could be the water pump

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
Just changed the water pump 2 weeks ago and the fan clutch is a brand new 2jzgte aftermarket from driftmotion. That was also installed 2 weeks ago. I also forgot to mention I'm not running ac or ps on my belt. It's the same part number belt I was using before and I never had this problem

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
1wickedA70;1816210 said:
Just changed the water pump 2 weeks ago and the fan clutch is a brand new 2jzgte aftermarket from driftmotion. That was also installed 2 weeks ago.

I think the belt needs to be adjusted bud.

1wickedA70

May 20, 2008
Queens
Ok just found out that my brand new fan clutch is wiggling On the bearing :(. Gotta talk to Aaron to see if I can get a new one. It wiggles and when it does I can stop the blade with my hand. Then all of a sudden it would tighten up after driving and make a heavy noise. It's defective