Weird sound from engine?

One Jay Z

Supra Dupra
Dec 20, 2006
SK Canada
Ok... so heres the problem, super strange if you ask me.. I was driving around in some gravel and spun my tires somewhat... Immediately after the battery light, oil light and engine overheating light went on, no check engine light. It seems as if one of my belts is wobbly too.. (the one in the center of them all) .. It is a JZA70 chasis and 1jz-gte engine.. I think i may have got some rocks caught in the belt/pulley system? Would that do this? The car also started to smoke and/or steam (coolant didnt seem like it was burning but i could smell it) .. and the power steering immediate stopped working.. no clue what happened to be honest, cant even tell.. But i do hear a fait grinding/squeel so i figure its a loose belt, but im not a 100% sure.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
One Jay Z;966977 said:
Ok... so heres the problem, super strange if you ask me.. I was driving around in some gravel and spun my tires somewhat... Immediately after the battery light, oil light and engine overheating light went on, no check engine light. It seems as if one of my belts is wobbly too.. (the one in the center of them all) .. It is a JZA70 chasis and 1jz-gte engine.. I think i may have got some rocks caught in the belt/pulley system? Would that do this? The car also started to smoke and/or steam (coolant didnt seem like it was burning but i could smell it) .. and the power steering immediate stopped working.. no clue what happened to be honest, cant even tell.. But i do hear a fait grinding/squeel so i figure its a loose belt, but im not a 100% sure.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:3d_frown: No offense, but... well actually, I don't care if I offend you. Wtf were you doing burning out in gravel?

One Jay Z

Supra Dupra
Dec 20, 2006
SK Canada
Ohhh no it wasn't strictly gravel. But our road cleaning service sucks here sooooooooo its a mix of sometimes gravel/pavement lol ... I just caught some gravel at an unfortunate time.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
well.... if your power steering stopped working and there is belt squeel, the first thing i would do is check the tension on the ps belt and see if there is a rock lodged between the pulley and belt. as far as the smoking, coolant smell, and dashboard lights..... beats the hell out of me.

One Jay Z

Supra Dupra
Dec 20, 2006
SK Canada
Yeah honestly.. it was dark when this all happened haha.. so i couldnt see much in the engine (no access to light etc at the time) .. So basically in the morning when i look in my engine bay, i see a fuckin pulley sitting on the engine mud guard.. I was honestly confused.. like how the hell does that happen.. haha