weird noises from car + Problems

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
hey im having some problems with my car
car cant rev over 2.5 rpm and starts cutting untill i shift gears, when i let it coast in neutral it dies instantly. here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqT-nrwgS8

anyone know why its having these whirring engine sounds its whirring every second and gets louder when im moving.
& why its cutting?
Thanks.

Last edited:

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
can you hear this whine at a neutral coast down?
does it need a load on it and or is it rpm dependent?
i'm thinkin' tranny rear end related. When my rear went bad and whined, it also dragged making it stall pretty easily, but i see you're dying at a stop.
Just something to think about.

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
is there a way to check if the MAF is working?
also it use to run perfectly then the first time the turbo spooled it ran bad after and had that whirring sound

its rpm dependant when idling it makes no noise
only when coasting in neutral it stalls. other than that even on a stop it stalls but its a really low idle like 500rpm

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
xcyanideslethalx;1049379 said:
i bet you anything its a boost leak is what it sounds like especially since you can here the whirling sound of the turbo...... or it might be the MAF it might have taken a crap on you

Winner!

And it's probably not the AFM. Check for boost leaks FIRST. My car sounded just like that whirring sound just today when I blew an intercooler hose off. Check the hose coming directly off the turbo. That one take the brunt of the heat, and has the highest probability of being the culprit.

Make a boost leak detector, and check for leaks. There's a link in my build thread, on page #108. I tried to copy and paste the link, but it doesn't work when I put it here.

Last edited:

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
ok heres the update, i have make a boost leak detector and its leaking from the BOV (i think because i hear it at the BOV ) maybe stuck open, does anyone know how to close the BOV, or should i get a new aftermarket hks kit?