Weird hiccup under boost issue;

R3N5LOW

Jan 18, 2009
OREEGON
My poor poopra is having some issues. I just rebuilt the top end recently with stage 2 cams, springs, valves, valve guides etc, it has a 60 trim ct26 with supporting mods such as 550cc injectors, walbro and im tuning it with a afc neo. Currently the boost controller is set at 15psi. I've put around 1200 miles on the new top end with absolutely no issues untill recently.

So the issue happens whenever im close to full boost. Under a decent amount of load. It spools and runs fine but once i get close to that 15psi it cuts out pretty violently. Almost like fuel cut but i've never had this happen till recently. A big hiccup then once im off the throttle everythings fine. What could this be from? I checked all the plumbing and i dont have any vac leaks etcetc.

I really hope i laid out enough information i'm trying to do some research right now so id appreciate any insight to get this problem fixed.

R3N5LOW

Jan 18, 2009
OREEGON
Ah yes with a lexas AFM. I seem to always forget some details. Ill be sure to check codes when i get off work. IF it is fuel cut how may i work around this? Seems like that shouldnt be the issue but ive felt fuel cut in my old turbo 2 and it feels nearly the same. Ah well ill do some work and update the thread in a bit. Appreciate the posts fellas

R3N5LOW

Jan 18, 2009
OREEGON
So i got codes 34 and of course bloody 51. Im hunting for the boost leak right now so if i run into any more problems ill be sure to update.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Search for the DIY boost leak tester. It works wonders for finding leaks. Also check to make sure your TPS is calibrated and within specs for code 51.