Weird fuel cut problem

skeevy

Jul 6, 2009
poughkeepsie
Hey guys, I kinda gotta weird problem. It might be obvious but I don't know too much technical stuff. Now when I'm driving, if I go 1/4, 1/2 or even 3/4 throttle everything is fine. But as soon as I go full throttle I hit feul cut at 3500. It could
be boost cut? I've been told? Idk I'm sorry lol. I know what fuel cut feels like and this feels the same. But again it's only full throttle at 3500 rpm. I checked all my intake pipes and vaccum lines so I don't think there's a leak. Sorry If this doesn't make any sense, feel free to ask questions and such. Thanks for any help
you can give me.

skeevy

Jul 6, 2009
poughkeepsie
Damn, that's awesome. I love you man lol. Only thing is my engine is apart right now. My valve covers cracked in half :x. But this is great I'll check it as soon as I put it back together. Thanks so much.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You also dont need the engine to run only the battery in the car and with te1 and e1 jumpered and turn the key to the on position.

Valve covers cracked??? never heard of this before.

mizuboi

Feb 26, 2007
cypress
woah cracked valve covers? did you jump on them with ice skates? thats crazy but yea thank goodness our cars let us check codes haha and get back to us when you check them!

skeevy

Jul 6, 2009
poughkeepsie
[/COLOR]
hvyman;1559862 said:
You also dont need the engine to run only the battery in the car and with te1 and e1 jumpered and turn the key to the on position.

Valve covers cracked??? never heard of this before.

mizuboi;1559877 said:
woah cracked valve covers? did you jump on them with ice skates? thats crazy but yea thank goodness our cars let us check codes haha and get back to us when you check them!

well a couple weeks ago i had to replace the valve cover gaskets and so i did. the right valve cover was cracked and glued back together with silicone, from previous douchebag owner. found many suprises in this car. i put some jb weld on the outside of the crack just so i could start my car. everything was alright but i still couldnt get it started. i got it started on sunday and drove it around the block pretty gently. when i got back i lifted up the hood and there was some smoke comming up from the left side. so i looked and there was a crack going from where the cam gears are, down the side and over the top. and everything was extremely hot. maybe it was weak? over torqed? perhaps the backfires? i dont really know. but i ordered new ones and hopefully everything is ok when i put it back together.

7mslider

Dec 20, 2009
shelbyville
of course check for codes first. i had this same problem and a few other people i have seen on here did too. check your fuel system. mine was caused by rust inside the fuel tank clogging the pickup. cleaned tank and replaced pickup, pump, and filter and no more issues. hope this helps

7MTURBO13

Apr 6, 2010
il
do u have stock injectors ur air to fuel might need to be checked or tuned mine did that and i got 550cc percsion jets and new clip and now back to boostin 12psi wit no cuts

skeevy

Jul 6, 2009
poughkeepsie
7mslider;1560253 said:
of course check for codes first. i had this same problem and a few other people i have seen on here did too. check your fuel system. mine was caused by rust inside the fuel tank clogging the pickup. cleaned tank and replaced pickup, pump, and filter and no more issues. hope this helps

Ok will do, thanks alot man.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

7MTURBO13;1560258 said:
do u have stock injectors ur air to fuel might need to be checked or tuned mine did that and i got 550cc percsion jets and new clip and now back to boostin 12psi wit no cuts

Yea, I mean as far as I know I do. And thanks I'll check it out, I was planning on getting it tuned soon anyways. Thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You have some boost leaks and a tps problem i know that but i forgot what 14 means i think it has something to do with fuel.

Edit: Afm could be bugging out to throwing the 34.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
To OP: i'd check for boost leak if any. And of course, like anyone else, codes.
My cuzin has the same exact problem, as soon as you hit it and at 3500-4000 rpm it will act like it has fuel cut. Another question, we tried to check codes and the CEL blinks consistently instead of doing dashes. What could that be?

skeevy

Jul 6, 2009
poughkeepsie
akito;1560572 said:
To OP: i'd check for boost leak if any. And of course, like anyone else, codes.
My cuzin has the same exact problem, as soon as you hit it and at 3500-4000 rpm it will act like it has fuel cut. Another question, we tried to check codes and the CEL blinks consistently instead of doing dashes. What could that be?

Consistently dashing means there is nothin wrong :/

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

hvyman;1560514 said:
You have some boost leaks and a tps problem i know that but i forgot what 14 means i think it has something to do with fuel.

Edit: Afm could be bugging out to throwing the 34.

14 Ignition Signal
Diagnosis
No "IGF" signal to ECU "A" times in succession.
A = 6-8 (7M-GE)
A= 3 (7M-GTE)

Trouble Area
Igniter and ignition coil circuit
Igniter and ignition coil
ECU

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes search that code and you will find out it might not be what the code throws. What the code number is does nto mean it will exactly be what the code is related towards. If you dont believe me ask jetjock.

Thats a common thing between manufactures for preventing people like us finding out what the problem is without spending money at the dealer to help there company.

skeevy

Jul 6, 2009
poughkeepsie
hvyman;1560697 said:
Yes search that code and you will find out it might not be what the code throws. What the code number is does nto mean it will exactly be what the code is related towards. If you dont believe me ask jetjock.

Thats a common thing between manufactures for preventing people like us finding out what the problem is without spending money at the dealer to help there company.

Sorry I had a little trouble following tht, so what your saying is that even though it says 14 it could be something other than what tht chart says 14 is?