weekly car debate thread.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
te72;1756617 said:
What about the Z8, can we vote for that one? Always did like those, 100k pricetag and slushbox be damned...

Could be had with a manual :D Car was designed by Fisker (it's pretty obvious if you look at his other cars). Awesome car, only seen one as I used to live in a very upscale area.

The tail lights are awesome on those cars, using neon (I can't image what they'd cost to replace...)

Master_Spazez

Jun 4, 2011
SC
Yeah but were they really any good to drive? I remember Top Gear did a review on one years back and they said it was awful as far as performance driving was concerned.

I'd imagine it would make a wonderful GT car, though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1756621 said:
Could be had with a manual :D Car was designed by Fisker (it's pretty obvious if you look at his other cars). Awesome car, only seen one as I used to live in a very upscale area.

The tail lights are awesome on those cars, using neon (I can't image what they'd cost to replace...)

Fisker... that makes sense. Were they the same company that did the really old Chevrolet's too? And neon taillights? Isn't neon either on or off, with a pretty substantial delay between off and on? Can't imagine how they got that to work... cool though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Alrighty, new week, new cars. Let's make this an interesting one shall we?

Favorite SUPRA.

Personally, I have to say the Mk2 for the looks, the Mk3 for the driving experience. That being said, never *driven* a Mk4, but along with a friend, owned a Mk1, and had a 2nd gen Celica (same thing as Mk1). Driving the A4x chassis was a bit... boring.

So, let's hear it, what's your favorite Supra? :)

Master_Spazez

Jun 4, 2011
SC
Oddly I love the retro "T" in the grill of the MKI Supra. I 50/50 like/hate it though. I'd say a MKII just because I loved mine so much when it was bone ass stock. But the MKIV does have a very flash interior..

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
connor.stephens;1758493 said:
I like them all except for the mk1. The mk1 just looks weird. I love how stout the P-type mk2's look. They all look unique and stand out
I agree on the stance on the stock P-type. Every time I pass mine on the way out of the garage I can't help but smile. Pretty sure the struts are all blown, so it sits nice and low, looks mean. :)

Master_Spazez;1758706 said:
Oddly I love the retro "T" in the grill of the MKI Supra. I 50/50 like/hate it though. I'd say a MKII just because I loved mine so much when it was bone ass stock. But the MKIV does have a very flash interior..

If we're talking the interior, I'd have to say the Mk4 would win that one for me. I've always loved the cockpit design of those...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Alright, new week, new cars. I'm thinking modern Euro:

NEW (within a few recent years) M5 versus E-series AMG (E63 an option, I get lost with all the options...).

Discuss. :)