weekly car debate thread.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Saw this on another forum and thought it was a cool idea. Basically, once a week ill post two similar cars from different manufacturers ad you guys say which one you like better and why. Im not gonna pick cars taht are unlike, like say a civc and a mustang cuz that kinda defeats the purpose.

Anyway, on to the debate. FOr the first one, ill pick and old debate, mustang vs. camaro.

FOr me, i pick the camaro because i am a chevy guy when it comes to domestics, and because the new camaro had independant rear suspension whiile the frd is till a live rear axle.

week one: camaro vs. mustang. tie
week two: page two, integra vs celica. winner: celica by a landslide
week three: thunderbird vs. gran national. winner: buick by a landslide
week 4: evo vs. sti. winner sti
week 5: viper vs vette, winner vette
week 6: miata vs mr2, winner mr2
week 7: e30 vs. 190e, winner 190e
week 8: open discussion
week 9: neon srt4 vs. cobalt ss

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Have you been drinking? Your grammar and spelling is horrendous.

As for the question at hand, neither. They both suck ass.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
SupraMario;1728580 said:
Have you been drinking? Your grammar and spelling is horrendous.

As for the question at hand, neither. They both suck ass.

no im sober lol. i just suck at typing, i'm so used to using my phone keyboard now lol.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Moved to Other Cars.

mustang-eleanor.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
While I tend to like old/classic Chevrolets more than Fords, that 'Stang is drop. Dead. Gorgeous. The Camaro isn't my favorite vehicle from the late sixties, but they're a sweet ride for sure.

p1728623_1.jpg

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
I own a camaro 4th gen, no looking back Lol, although there is this odd ass hump in the passenger side floor board :dunno: I hide my nawz in there

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Would :love: a 67 Camaro, having said that none of the recent incarnations do it for me other than a Vette, this is due to the pedestrian friendly regs raising the waistlines and general bloat in new cars.
(I mean WTF if people are fucking stupid enough to get hit by a car they need to be removed from the gene pool, I'm almost 50 and have never been hit)

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the 69 boss mustang is such a beast of a car,
69_Ford_Mustang_Boss429_FN_AC_e01.jpg

for the newer ones id go to the camaro (though id take a firebird over a camaro in any gen) the late 80's earl 90's stang were just junk, as they packed a v8 in a 4 cyl bay, the interior felt more cramped than a f 15 cockpit, and the drivers seat would break and recline if you hit the gas to hard.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DreamerTheresa;1728626 said:
I know. I want it to bear my children. I'm still working on the logistics of that.
You know... I think I saw that on the internet somewhere, or maybe in a really weird anime once...

laotionracer101;1728628 said:
I own a camaro 4th gen, no looking back Lol, although there is this odd ass hump in the passenger side floor board :dunno: I hide my nawz in there
That hump is for the catalytic converter if I'm not mistaken. Jack up the car (probably don't really need a jack those cars are tall) and look at the Y-pipe where the header tubes are. You should have a cat somewhere off the passenger side.

IJ.;1728629 said:
...this is due to the pedestrian friendly regs raising the waistlines and general bloat in new cars.
This is what's ruining pretty much everything that might be cool these days. You could NEVER get away with making a car these days with proper proportions. I blame all the SUV and truck driving soccer moms over here. I mean, seriously, there is NOT ONE REASON a 5th gen Camaro has ANY excuse that it weighs OVER two tons. These things started out nearly 800 lbs lighter...

My take on this subject?
60's: Camaro/Firebird, because they weren't built with "secretaries" in mind. That, and the 305 in the Z28 was a MONSTER.
70's: Neither, unless you're Burt Renolds
80's: Mustang. Both cars were junk, but at least the 302 in the Ford was a good base, where the 305 Chevy and 350 really were not so much...
90's/2000's: Camaro/Firebird. I had a 2001 SS. Shitty car, but man it was quick. Not to mention cheap to make go faster. Really too bad about the axle setup though...

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Celica all the way!!! The Gt4 owns any integra ever... The SSII was a pretty impressive car aswell redtop Beams 3sge one of my fave engines of all time..shame it was never brought over.. I plan to build one someday.. then theres the last gen with the 2zz gt-s not up to par with the k20 teg but a fun car none the less and the 2zz sounds better (especially when lift hits!)

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk