Weekend project

nvgc8

Narf! Zort! Troz! Fjord!
Sep 14, 2007
Meridian, ID
I finally decided to tackle my leaking valve covers this weekend. While I had the covers off we checked to head bolt torque and found no loose bolts. :icon_bigg While we had the covers off we decided to clean them up. This led to us sandblasting, painting, and clear coating them. I think they tuned out very nice.
Taking Adjusters advice I used a turkey baster to get the majority of the oil out of the spark plug wells. I then got a syringe with a short piece of aquarium air line tubing attached to it to get the last little bit down around the plugs. For the final cleanup I used a sparkplug wrench and some of the blue shop towels to soak up any remaining oil. Now at least one part of my engine bay is clean and looks good. Overall a weekend well spent. Thanks to Greg (Adjuster) for all of his help.

I attached a couple of photos from during the install. The photos were take before I had cleaned up the oil in the sparkplugs.

Attachments

• Cover install (Medium).JPG
    Cover install (Medium).JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Valve covers (Medium).JPG
    Valve covers (Medium).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 35

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Looks good, but don't listen to Adjuster too much or you'll start adding coatings to every engine part you can find. :)

cwd
NAMPA!!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Nice.. Did you bake them in the oven? :)

Nothing like fresh baked goods for our cars.. ;)

And speaking of coatings, who has the new paint in this trio? LOL

If I get my Supra running one of these days, we should arrange a mini-meet for Boise, and go cruising around if the snow melts off...