Weak ct26 wastegate spring? It wont boost.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
lewis15498;1364607 said:
+1

If you passed the boost leak test, you can test the actuator buy hooking a bicycle pump with a gauge to it and watching when the arm starts to move. it should start to move at 7-9 PSI unless its shimmed in which case it would be higher

I tried this, It did pass the leak test, yet when I hooked the bicycle pump to it, I could never get a complete seal. The guage on the pump also seemsed to be iffy, But When Done this way, It would open at roughly 10 psi +-3psi. It is shimmed 4-5mm.

dumbo;1364725 said:
Then it would be overboosting;)

My bet is the spring, or a turbo on the way out maybe? Are you running the stock AFM or a MAP based tune?

Stock Maf system. Turbo is good. No lateral movement, no more than 1mm side to side play. No smoking, and no death whine.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
FullNelson;1364778 said:
I tried this, It did pass the leak test, yet when I hooked the bicycle pump to it, I could never get a complete seal. The guage on the pump also seemsed to be iffy, But When Done this way, It would open at roughly 10 psi +-3psi. It is shimmed 4-5mm.

Stock Maf system. Turbo is good. No lateral movement, no more than 1mm side to side play. No smoking, and no death whine.

I say spring then. I quick dummy test is just unhook and plug the WG actuator singal line. Go for a drive, just let off if it goes high into boost, but it shouldn't if the diaphram(actuator) is fine, and the sping is cracked or worn, and exhaust gas pressure is opening the WG by itself.(Can you move the WG arm by hand really easy???) If you have the stock ECU/AFM I think boost cut would put a end to a major leak.

Air filter clean??? AFR's Good?

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
FullNelson;1364778 said:

Sounds like your actuator is working properly. Make sure that the actuator is connected to the wastegate door properly. If it isnt the flapper could be open and your actuator isnt actuating anything. Unfortunately you'd have to take off the turbo elbow to check this completely.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
lewis15498;1365079 said:
Sounds like your actuator is working properly. Make sure that the actuator is connected to the wastegate door properly. If it isnt the flapper could be open and your actuator isnt actuating anything. Unfortunately you'd have to take off the turbo elbow to check this completely.

It's normally closed...