Water rushing HELP

timothyphicks02

Nov 13, 2007
florida
Ok so I replaced my water pump today. now when I trun the car on I hear water rushing. sounds like its just in front of the dash. and when Im stopped I can hear it a little. It does go away but it comes back. I drove it around the block a couple times and it doesnt over heat. It didnt do this befor. Im not leaking any water as far as I can see. What could this be?

I had 1 befor that did this and it was a heater hose came loose behind the block. but it would steam like a bhg. I have no signs of anything happening in this case. though there does seem to be a bit a smoke/exhaust more than usual. prob something differant.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
If you're cooling system is working properly that is. It should burp itself, but if it doesn't within a few days, you may have to do the burping yourself and start checking the rest of your coolant system because there could be something needing fixing on it, but wait and see for now.

MK-beast

May 26, 2007
Toronto
It was a similar problem with my brothers N/A mk3, thing is couple days later he blew a headgasket iono if that had anything to do with it

thebuddrik

Jun 2, 2007
Lafayette ,La.
MK-beast;1000598 said:
It was a similar problem with my brothers N/A mk3, thing is couple days later he blew a headgasket iono if that had anything to do with it

Same thing here but we burped it and prob. solved.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Don't fret then, if it makes you feel better, you can buy a coolant test kit to see if there is any exahust fumes in your coolant, but at this time, I'd say you're fine.