water pump

DSGsupra89

http://www.highgearlife.c
Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
can anyone tell what happens when the water pump goes out cuz I think my went out if I leave the car seating for while alot of white smoke comes out of my turbo i know my head gasket is fine its dont even have much miles it don't smell burning oil just steam coming out on it and pressure on my cap on my radiatore starts steaming.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
DSGsupra89 said:
can anyone tell what happens when the water pump goes out cuz I think my went out if I leave the car seating for while alot of white smoke comes out of my turbo i know my head gasket is fine its dont even have much miles it don't smell burning oil just steam coming out on it and pressure on my cap on my radiatore starts steaming.

I doubt a water pump failing would cause steam to come out of your exhaust. Are you sure that steam isn't just moisture from idling the car for a long time?? Best way to tell if the pump has gone is to pull it off, with the right tools it should only take about 45 mins to an hour if you take your time.

DSGsupra89

Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
well I be having the car seating idealing for awhile and all of something it start steaming out the exhust and steam off the radiator cap and water coming out the reservar. but it don't do this untel awhile do anybody know why it does this help please

Down but not out said:
I doubt a water pump failing would cause steam to come out of your exhaust. Are you sure that steam isn't just moisture from idling the car for a long time?? Best way to tell if the pump has gone is to pull it off, with the right tools it should only take about 45 mins to an hour if you take your time.

DSGsupra89

Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
are you sure its that a bhg cuze the whole engine been rebuilt and it only has a couple of miles on it sense breaking the motor in the car beed seating for awhile and you said about the loud sond I heard it before like a loud skeeking noise i was mostly the time thinking that the built was doing the from seating but it does not do that anymore. The car been overheated twice cuz of bad radiators. It just when the car seats for awhile running its fine but for way to long it starts white smoke it does not smell like radiotore fluid but when i rev the motor a little it clears it out and dont start again. werid

a_sesshoumaru said:
did you check your compression? sounds like a blown head gasket, usually the water pump make a loud sound when it has gone bad or tend to leak

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

87supraturbo19

pearl white
Jan 16, 2006
Springfield,MO
DSGsupra89 said:
are you sure its that a bhg cuze the whole engine been rebuilt and it only has a couple of miles on it sense breaking the motor in the car beed seating for awhile and you said about the loud sond I heard it before like a loud skeeking noise i was mostly the time thinking that the built was doing the from seating but it does not do that anymore. The car been overheated twice cuz of bad radiators. It just when the car seats for awhile running its fine but for way to long it starts white smoke it does not smell like radiotore fluid but when i rev the motor a little it clears it out and dont start again. werid
i cant hardly understand what your typing.

DSGsupra89

Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
alright I tryed to start the car up yesterday and it was about to star up then it froze up but returne back to normal rotation. The car now didn't want to start up I check the cylinder and it was cover in fluid (oil and radiatore in cylinders 6,5,4,) I took off the head and found out I have an BHG I check the block too see it turn fine and it did. chech the head see that was ok and its fine too was strange when the motor just froze up like that made a cranking sound but that came from the starter Now I'm wanna know what head gasket should I get an greddy or an hks the cylinder walls and stuff is steel stock spec if thats helps too. Let me know is anything else I need to do before puting the motor back together thanks.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
DSGsupra89 said:
Let me know is anything else I need to do before puting the motor back together thanks

Learn proper grammar. We are here to help but I don't think anyone can understand what "I check the cylinder and it was cover in fluid (oil and radiatore in cylinders 6,5,4,)" means.

"The cylinder walls and stuff is steel stock spec".......ummm what?

You must mill the cylinder head and lap the block by hand before putting the motor back together.

DSGsupra89

Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
Sorry man I'm just getting mad this motor screwing with my head was not thinking right. But yea I going to get an aftermarket headgasket anyone know what kind should I get. Thanks sorry for the mad typing.:1zhelp:

I was trying to say is the cylinder walls are steal stock never been shaved bigger if you need to know about it for an aftermarket gasket.

Frank Rizzo said:
Learn proper grammar. We are here to help but I don't think anyone can understand what "I check the cylinder and it was cover in fluid (oil and radiatore in cylinders 6,5,4,)" means.

"The cylinder walls and stuff is steel stock spec".......ummm what?

You must mill the cylinder head and lap the block by hand before putting the motor back together.

DSGsupra89

Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
Also does anyone know why the motor well freeze up and then go back to normal rotaton. I checked it out and everything was fine. What should I check to see what well make do that. Thanks

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
If the cylinder head is removed from the engine bay, and you can not spin the crankshaft by hand by using the pulley, you have major problems. I'd start by removing the engine oil pan, have a look see.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
DSGsupra89 said:
Also does anyone know why the motor well freeze up and then go back to normal rotaton. I checked it out and everything was fine. What should I check to see what well make do that. Thanks

One cylinder was full of coolant, and stopped the piston. Water/coolant doesn't compress. Hopefully, the exhaust valves opened and let it out, but more than likely it pushed past the rings and went in the oil pan, or was forced back out through the head gasket. I'd rotate each piston up, and visually inspect the height at t.d.c. of each one to make sure it didn't bend a connecting rod. Would also check for bent valves by turning the cams while the head is off, and making sure each one seats properly. Get it vacuum tested while its at the machine shop.

DSGsupra89

Jun 8, 2007
West Melbourne Fl
I can spin the pully alright its still good and the valves are fine too cuse when I check my exhust it has some raditore fluid in it. I drain the oil pan and raditore fluid came out with the oil so yea everything is still good thank god note to self never ever buy an head gasket from ebay. Does any one know what an good head gasket should I get like an HKS or an Greddy stopper or a bead kind really would like to know. I also getting ARP head studs let me know if anyone selling some too. I go get the head vacume check too.