Water Leak? From Where?

RM777

GO OILERS GO!
May 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
:1zhelp: I need some help please. I parked my car in front of my house yesterday and noticed a water leak on the passenger side right around the turbo area. Specifically, I noticed that the lower IC pipe on that side was wet, and the "tray"/"flat spot" at the front passenger corner of the engine bay was wet. Any ideas of what I should be looking at? Can it be the water pump? Any help would be appreciated,

Sorry, i just started working on my car a few months ago. Thanks.

Last edited:

RM777

GO OILERS GO!
May 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I looked around and realized that it may be brake fluid. WTF? I have no idea where this is coming from! I checked the level of the brake fluid and it has not moved since the leak started. I realized that it was not coolant because I use Toyota Red, and the leaking fluid is not Red. It looks and feels like brake fluid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Aha! That will be power steering fluid. Check the level in your resevoir, and check the hose that runs from the resevoir down to the pump - that's the external belt powered device on the passenger side of the vehicle.

RM777

GO OILERS GO!
May 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
GrimJack said:
Aha! That will be power steering fluid. Check the level in your resevoir, and check the hose that runs from the resevoir down to the pump - that's the external belt powered device on the passenger side of the vehicle.

I haven't had power steering for a few months. I don't know if it is the pump, or a line. I will check the reservoir though, but wouldn't it be empty by now? I guess I should check first. Thanks Grimjack. +1.