Wastegate Actuator

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
So I tested my Wastegate Actuator and its bad, 80psi of pressure and still wouldnt open. So, my question is this. I have an actuator off my original turbo (running a upgraded ct-26 now) and I was wondering if I could use this to replace my bad one, it seems to open around 12 psi. Do I need a heavy duty one for my upgraded turbo setup or will my old one be just fine?
Thanks,
and while I am asking questions, what is the best way to get the retaining clip off where the rod connects to the wastegate port? Looks like a pita...
Thanks again

ArmandoP

Supramania Contributor
Nov 4, 2006
Indianoplace
original actuator should be fine. 12psi seems high for a stock actuator though.
question 2.... pair of needle nose and either a bench vice or an extra pair of hands.

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
yeah, I was planning on regulating it with my mbc, but I don't up to what psi it can handle before it will also go bad. And with the retaining clip, the turbo is still in the car, so I was wondering anyone has tried anything that worked well?
Thanks

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
hook a vaccum line to the wastegate, slowly shoot some air at it, either with a bicycle pump, or a air compressor... and then listen, and watch the arm on the acuator. it should move.