Wastegate Actuator issue...

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Im putting my stock ct-26 back together and when I went to put my wastegate actuator back on, it really has to stretch to fit over the compressor housing. I put the stick part (of the actuator) in the exhaust housing wastegate lever first, but then I really have to force it over the compressor housing. Is it suppose to be this tough? When I took it off the first time, I dont remember it being as hard as it is to now. I've got all of the 3 sections of the turbo completely together; there arent any gaps that would make the distance further or anything.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yes it is.

A little trick -

Put a air compressor blow gun (non osha type) into the port.

Squeeze gently...And blow some compressed air into the port with the blow gun firmly to the port.

The gate rod will open, and wala! Attach it to the wastegate arm.

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Damn it MDC I knew and was hoping you'd respond! Thank you once again! Will I be able to feel it open or anything? Reason I ask is that I'm in my dorm room putting it back together and I'll only have access to an air compressor at work so I can't easily run back and forth to make sure its open.

Last edited:

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
So...will I be able to feel it open or anything? Reason I ask is that I'm in my dorm room putting it back together and I'll only have access to an air compressor at work so I can't easily run back and forth to make sure its open.

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
I think theres a bit of a misunderstanding. To start off, today I used the air compressor and the rod did come out, but it goes right back in...naturally... I could the actuator on the turbo before doing ^, but it was just a stressful fit. It still is this way though after using compressed air. Is it suppose to have some tension when putting it back on?