Walbro question?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
when it idles at 800-900rpm, you would never know... but even at 700ish its not that noticable, and thats with the cam gears zeroed out!

whats your 1j pushin out?

and im tuning on safc's with widebands... nothing very fancy there. haha. its just time consuming more than anything,

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Rennat;1035434 said:
with the stock 9v of power to a 255 it was... but with 12v that walbro is kickin! haha

considering two of my friends are pushing almost 400hp ish... one has a v-trim with 21psi, and my other friend has 20psi with a 16g... neither one have ANY of those problems... lol

now, i do know a few things about blown synchros due to my 2g gst. but we wont go there... haha. if you keep up on maintence, there fine, you just cant neglect them, or launch them at 5k and expect nothing to break.

lol just wait 400 ponies to a dsm anything will soon be damage!

not always is it caused from a missed shift or launch....just weak. i prefer my tranny known to withstand 1000hp in stock form.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
tturnpaw;1035770 said:
lol just wait 400 ponies to a dsm anything will soon be damage!

not always is it caused from a missed shift or launch....just weak. i prefer my tranny known to withstand 1000hp in stock form.

the one guy with the v-trim has been driving it like this for 4+ years now at that power level, he was also using water meth, so i think thats what kept the motor together and clean!

we recently did his timing belt and a set of HKS 264/272 cam combo, i still need to re-tune his car because its not running as good as its should. but once i get the logger on his car and reset the timing and all of that good stuff everything will be good to go.

and what tranny can take 1000HP... you should day 1000ft lbs of torque as thats what breaks trannys anyways... unless you like to mis shift!

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Rennat;1035435 said:
when it idles at 800-900rpm, you would never know... but even at 700ish its not that noticable, and thats with the cam gears zeroed out!

whats your 1j pushin out?

and im tuning on safc's with widebands... nothing very fancy there. haha. its just time consuming more than anything,

hmm maybe my buddies had a few vacuum leaks lol it surged like mad. did you delete the egr?

the 1j? nothin special. 15psi street, 20 on 110 octane. needs a piggyback at the least. went from extremely lean (with the stock pump) to extremely rich with the walbro. I do know the car can handle a 12.5 in the 1/4 just as easily as it starts up in the morning.

id like to be able to tune my mines, but looks like im going to sell it and go stinger.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Rennat;1035771 said:
the one guy with the v-trim has been driving it like this for 4+ years now at that power level, he was also using water meth, so i think thats what kept the motor together and clean!

we recently did his timing belt and a set of HKS 264/272 cam combo, i still need to re-tune his car because its not running as good as its should. but once i get the logger on his car and reset the timing and all of that good stuff everything will be good to go.

and what tranny can take 1000HP... you should day 1000ft lbs of torque as thats what breaks trannys anyways... unless you like to mis shift!

consider himself lucky lol, or a weenie behind the wheel. thats good though, reliability is nice.

just run dsm link its so cheap its worth it.

well the stock r-154s can do it no problem. Only v8s put out that much tq, unless your at 1500hp with our engines. Youre right tq does break transmissions, but with a 1000hp comes, 7-800ft lbs.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
hes no weenie behind the wheel, just doesnt launch it because he never needs too! hes only launched it 3 times. hes just a good driver and knows how to beat on it and when not to.

no egr delete... as that would just create more issues IMO.
both of them are going to go link after they get back from iraq.

and i gotcha on the r154, one of the reasons i love supras! only gotta watch that first gear thrust waasher...

its too bad you dont live in CA, because i would love to see a three way race with my two friends and your car. haha

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Rennat;1035897 said:
hes no weenie behind the wheel, just doesnt launch it because he never needs too! hes only launched it 3 times. hes just a good driver and knows how to beat on it and when not to.

no egr delete... as that would just create more issues IMO.
both of them are going to go link after they get back from iraq.

and i gotcha on the r154, one of the reasons i love supras! only gotta watch that first gear thrust waasher...

its too bad you dont live in CA, because i would love to see a three way race with my two friends and your car. haha

egr deleting is simplistic with those cars, and doesnt effect anything because the whole system is eliminated. Remember those cars were designed for rallycross, wayyy before street cars. All the vacuum lines can go off the rear of the block, along with the two or three sensors on the drivers side firewall. (on 1gs). They idle fine, run great, and only sacrifice one or two mpg which i didnt notice.

so far ive beaten an evo ix mr with upped boost intake/exhaust.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
so i was wondering why we were having compressore surge on my friends 16g... ends up he left a rag in the IC piping when he redid it... lucky for him the bov had it snagged... LOL

no more compressor surge either!

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Rennat;1036444 said:
so i was wondering why we were having compressore surge on my friends 16g... ends up he left a rag in the IC piping when he redid it... lucky for him the bov had it snagged... LOL

no more compressor surge either!

:biglaugh::nono: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Thats great. well enough thread jackin huh?

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
tturnpaw;1036537 said:
:biglaugh::nono: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Thats great. well enough thread jackin huh?

nahhh thread jack FTW! lol

i actually got called AGAIN like an hour ago... he ripped the carrier bearing off the bolt... LOL. so i have to go and fix that shit tomorrow... my guess is that the rag was blocking a lot of air and he wanst getting MAX power from that 16g... 4miles of nothing but idling a car sure does take a long time...

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Rennat;1036546 said:
nahhh thread jack FTW! lol

i actually got called AGAIN like an hour ago... he ripped the carrier bearing off the bolt... LOL. so i have to go and fix that shit tomorrow... my guess is that the rag was blocking a lot of air and he wanst getting MAX power from that 16g... 4miles of nothing but idling a car sure does take a long time...

lol, should be lucky it wasnt gears.