walbro on stock engine

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Well, personally, I'd run either the Walbro or a Toyota pump... it'd depend on which one I could get a better deal on and also on the mods I've got planned for down the road.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
if i run the walbro on a stock engine, do i have to do the 12v mod, also is there a way to check if its the fuel pump relay,

I run a walbro on a pretty stock engine (just boltons). I figure the FPR will still keep the fuel pressure the same even if the pump is higher flow and the extra fuel will just go return to the tank. I did delete the J-tube and do the 12V mod though =) Still, I'm going to get an AFPR just for peace of mind.

Dragk913

Broke Supra Owner
Dec 26, 2006
South Houston, Texas
www.myspace.com
rtrdpenguin;1107179 said:
I run a walbro on a pretty stock engine (just boltons). I figure the FPR will still keep the fuel pressure the same even if the pump is higher flow and the extra fuel will just go return to the tank. I did delete the J-tube and do the 12V mod though =) Still, I'm going to get an AFPR just for peace of mind.

That's a good idea. My FPR died on me (it is over 18yrs old) and I got about 13MPG until I put on an AFPR.