w58 question

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
I want to change my auto to manual. I found a w58 for a decent price. I have the clutch cylinder and pedal what else would I need to accomplish this? See the kid that bought my car, and then basically gave it back to me, had started to collect this stuff so I thought why not? Now, my buddy who has changed several differant cars over, said I need the manual style break pedal for sure and then its a figure it out as we go method. What I need to know is the w58 an ok trans for a supra with basic mods like 3inch exhaust and a aftermarket airfilter and the turbo boosted to ten psi. The most I will do to this car is wide band o2 sensor lexus maf and 550 injectors it stops there for reliability reasons. Will this trans hold up to that for normal day to day driving with the occasional romp on the gas?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes the trans will be ok for that.

Also need the master clutch lines clutch flywheel pilot and throw out bearings and shift fork.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
you also need the front half of the w58 drive shaft.

also, make sure you get an upgraded clutch/pressure plate. Stock w58 will NOT even hold stock 7MGTE power.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
When i turbo'ed my 7M, the stock clutch slipped instantly. I have the ACT HD pp and 6 puck sprung clutch. Making 300whp.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I'm running the exact setup (7MGTE with W58 trans) in my car and it works like a dream. The trans is more than capable of handling the power we're making.