W58 Clutch Problems

Neil

Poker of the Smot
Apr 29, 2006
In the Supe
Hey guys, I recently replaced my clutch with a Centerforce Stage II. Ever sense.. or almost ever sense then it has made an extremely annoying squeal when I go to start and am releasing my clutch pedal until it is all the way out. The sound gets shorter in length when I do shift to second and release. The sound is a real loud screaching sound. Could it be something loose? I replaced my throw-out bearing while I was doin' the clutch, but I figured and have been told that that would be the problem if it only happened when I was pushing in the clutch, not releasing. I haven't done any tests as of yet, any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks,
Neil

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
yeah bro sounds like the throw out bearing. which one did you use??? the one from the kit or a new stocker from toyota??? if its the one form the kit then there's your problem they dont work very well the stock one is WAY better

Trowa

Supra Junky
Apr 3, 2005
Edmonton, AB Canada
I think bluedragon17 might be onto something, cause i have the same problem and i pulled the engine out, and the throwout bearing is making sounds when u spin it, so i'm thinking that it might be it.....cause for me it only made sounds when slipping the clutch....and i have a SPEC Stage 3 W58 on a GTE and I used the bearing from the kit

Neil

Poker of the Smot
Apr 29, 2006
In the Supe
Thanks, I'll check out the throw out tomorrow at school :)
But i'm also curious about another thing. My fifth gear is a s.o.b. to get it into... I go to push it in and sometimes the shifter goes way further than it should and then it grinds a bit, while feeling springy, but if i do it right it'll shift into the gear when i let the clutch out while holding it there which doesn't sound very good at all.. I don't know jack about tranny's so any help would be appreciated. Could it have anything to do with my bushings?

Thanks,
Neil

emission

1.5JZ powered!
Jun 11, 2005
Long Beach, CA
if it's grinding into gears then the trannys bad. you shouldn't have this problem if the clutch is depressed all the way down.