VSV's!!!!!

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Do you have a pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure, and yes if you have the FPR set to high it will run rich. Pull your #1 plug out and check it.

Bigin1987

Jul 1, 2011
Midwest missouri
I understand it will run rich but would it be that running that rich cause it to stutter like it has been? It might have even fouled the plugs out, but being they are iridium ix could you clean them in gas like any other plug?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Bigin1987;1731353 said:
I understand it will run rich but would it be that running that rich cause it to stutter like it has been? It might have even fouled the plugs out, but being they are iridium ix could you clean them in gas like any other plug?

Don't think you can clean them, just have to let them dry I suppose if you are running that rich to foul out new plugs, you're going to have more problems than you have now. Running super rich will do what's called "cylinder wash", does just that washes the cylinders with fuel also contaminating most everything else in the engine not to mention diluting the oil, bye bye bearings.

How did you set the AFPR in the first place?

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Better yet ditch the aftermarket FPR and put a stock one on there. They are CHEAP in the fs section. Turning the screw in raises your fuel pressure anyways.

Bigin1987

Jul 1, 2011
Midwest missouri
What is the bsv for??? Do I have to have it?

The reason I ask is because the two vacuum hose prongs are broke off and there's no vacuum getting to or from it.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
When engine is hot, bsv (the one on top of water pump) opens so hc vapor from fuel tank goes into the intake manifold to be burnt.

Mine is broken to, and I've simply remove the characoal canister and seal the pipes...

Canister will be replaced by an oil catch tank later...

++

RolluS