vpc tuning

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
hey now. does anyone have any vpc tuning info for 7m? i know its old technology but i have one and thought i would use it with afc neo. cant really afford aem right now. any help appreciated thanks.

iceberg319

vvti, what?
Apr 6, 2005
NJ
www.cardomain.com
supra_ed;1331414 said:
hey now. does anyone have any vpc tuning info for 7m? i know its old technology but i have one and thought i would use it with afc neo. cant really afford aem right now. any help appreciated thanks.

theres really not much RPM tuning involved with the vpc.

GAIN: you can only tune the whole fuel curve up or down 2% per click

RESPONSE: tunes the fuel delivery on initial opening of throttle

IDLE: tunes idle

if using it with the afc neo just wire it up the similar to how the safc is wired

i prefer to use the GCC because it just plugs right in

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
p1331689_1.jpg

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
thanks. it seems to be running way fat at idle and cruising or when letting off throttle. i turned idle knob all the way lean. goes lean under heavy throttle high rpm. i guess just takes a lot of time to dial in. not a lot of dynos around here can tune with vpc.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
MK3Brent;1331793 said:
I left mine all at no correction and just tune with my AFC.

somebody else said that also. but i got 272s and .040 over which i think is attributing to my problems. got a good rough tune last night. it cruises around 11.5-12.5 afr. hit the gas it leans out to 14.0. turbo spools (laggy) and it falls to 10.0. last night was first time i ran it past 4500rpm. despite overly rich, it really took off lol

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
272's are a large cam, the overbore isn't really a concern.
You probably need to consider a stand alone sooner than later. (Noting your AEM comment.)

Are you sure you have your cams degreed and set correctly?
What size injectors are you using?

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
/\Agree. My car would barely idle with BC 264 cams and the stock ECU. With the AEM, I had to raise up my idle RPM.

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
only 550s. i have greddy 720s but vpc really didnt like those. i havent degreed cams. set to stock. i was just looking into that. have any suggestions? most people are saying +3ex/-1in for 264s. car idles at a rich 1000ish rpm. sounds like a built small block.

Last edited:

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
I'd say your cams are the source of your AFR problems to begin with.
I have 550's right now and can cruise and idle as lean as I want. (Stock cams.)

What's your base fuel pressure set at?

A quick test would be to throw some stock cams back in and note the difference.

You are indeed running the AFC with the VPC, correct?
Confirm your wiring?

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
base pressure 35psi.
yeah afc w/ vpc. i think wiring is correct. afc deff. makes changes and car runs/drives w/o mass air so vpc must be ok.
i think ur right about cams being issue. afr bounces at idle along with the cam lope.

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
I can't offer too much help with the cams with a piggy back fuel management.

Confirm you've wired up your afc to this diagram.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

That way you know for sure that it's going from the MAP sensor, to the AFC, then to the ECU.