VPC OP. Out

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
Response won't affect your idle. Op-out goes to the FCD (read edit) unit if used, not the GCC. It has it's own proprietary pigtail off the back of the VPC.

*EDIT*
...I meant to say Fcon. Silly fingers.
*/EDIT*

--billyM

Last edited:

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
How many miles have you driven with the vpc equiped to the car? If i remeber right the vpc will learn and adjust the idle the more miles you put on it.

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
The VPC has no way to learn anything.

People sometimes mistakenly assume the VPC is a more in-depth device than it really is. It takes rpm, a ramping voltage (map), and resistance (temp), and checks the programmed table in the rom, the outputs a frequency signal to the stock ecu mimicing KarmanVortex afm. Mind you, it can do a few other things, like response, and rpm-dependent adjustment ala GCC, but it doesn't do much else. Pretty basic stuff.

--billyM

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
BillyM said:
The VPC has no way to learn anything.

People sometimes mistakenly assume the VPC is a more in-depth device than it really is. It takes rpm, a ramping voltage (map), and resistance (temp), and checks the programmed table in the rom, the outputs a frequency signal to the stock ecu mimicing KarmanVortex afm. Mind you, it can do a few other things, like response, and rpm-dependent adjustment ala GCC, but it doesn't do much else. Pretty basic stuff.

--billyM

exactly.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
BillyM said:
Response won't affect your idle. Op-out goes to the FCD (read edit) unit if used, not the GCC. It has it's own proprietary pigtail off the back of the VPC.

*EDIT*
...I meant to say Fcon. Silly fingers.
*/EDIT*

--billyM

not entirely correct. the opt out can also be hooked up to a GCC. thats how its hooked up in my car and runs flawlessly.

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
If you would, please draw a quick diagram in paint as to how you've got it hooked up.

My GCC hooks directly into a proprietary plug on the back of the VPC. As far as I know, it intercepts the RPM signal and MAP voltage pre-VPC, and will not make a darn bit of difference when adjusted if put post-VPC (ie, OPT-OUT).

Thanks in advance, I'd love to learn something new about the VPC I didn't know.

--billyM