Not open for further replies.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Figit090 said:
dear god...why......:icon_frow

one screaming fanatic at my school and we'd be in lock down in minutes. a college with thousands of students takes hours to just notify people? thats insane.

A high school and a University of tens of thousands are not at all comparable. Only half the campus might be in a class. To lock it down, they would have to call every single student's/faculty's cell phone. (about 30,000 people) People are coming and going constantly. Its not like they can make a simple announcement over the intercom.

It sounds like they had no way of knowing the first shooting was by a man determined to kill as many as possible.

Once again, hindsight is always 20/20.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
D34DC311 said:
They used to let us go to the gym, the coachs would give us sparing gloves and mouth peices, and basicly we would go at it. Controlled fighting environment. 90% of the time, the 2 people fighting would end up being good friends later on. I know, sounds like a fight club thing, but thats what would happen alot.

i wish shit like that happend at more schools

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
My heart goes out to all at VA Tech and Blacksburg. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. I'm originally from Richmond, and I have quite a few friends who attend VT. Fortunately, they are all alright. Thoughts go out to all involved.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
Of course warning people about a shooter on the loose matters. Imagine yourself in a classroom and being warned about a killer on campus. This gives students and teachers to take cover and lockdown. This could've prevented casualities.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
suprarx7nut said:
A high school and a University of tens of thousands are not at all comparable. Only half the campus might be in a class. To lock it down, they would have to call every single student's/faculty's cell phone. (about 30,000 people) People are coming and going constantly. Its not like they can make a simple announcement over the intercom.

It sounds like they had no way of knowing the first shooting was by a man determined to kill as many as possible.

Once again, hindsight is always 20/20.

you're right, and i know that, it just seems like some kind of warning bell or alarm would be there for this kind of thing...but i dunno... its just sad. and i know that even a warning couldnt have done a whole lot...

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
alright, peeps, sorry about the avatar, i didn't think you guys would get so pissed off about it. Before you bash me about MY avatar anymore, here's some more eye-candy (that was sarcastic)
virginia_tech_killer.jpg

sure reminds me of a bunch of peoples avatars here. I'm surprised peple haven't started bitching about your avatars already.
Now, i don't want you to have to remove your avatars, just don't go off-topic bitching about mine. I received ONE pm from somebody upset about it, the rest of you coulda done the same.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flight doc89 said:
sure reminds me of a bunch of peoples avatars here. I'm surprised peple haven't started bitching about your avatars already.

My avatar is a picture of me holding one of my guns. To date, I and my guns have been involved in zero mass murders.

Your avatar is of a mass murder, one who's victims bodies have barely had time to cool off.

There's a large difference between the two, if you can't see why your avatar upset people, you're a little bit out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.