Virginia Tech Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ric said:
holy shit what a bunch of poor excuses for human beings.. some girl committed suicide and jumped off a building to "escape".

If your going to kill yourself, at least attack the guy with the gun. Is this the no backbone school?

I'm turning the news off i'm too mad. Im so sorry for this tragic event to happen, and my condolences to the familys.

Pussies? Poor excuses for human beings? Have some fucking tact, dude. 32 people dead and all you can do is criticize those who died and refer to them by derogatory names? Have some respect, man.

You speak like you know so much about what you would do in a crisis situation like this. How many deadly massacres have you been involved in?

The fact that you would have the gall to even say those things about innocent people murdered in cold blood is disturbing.

If people don't talk about you the same way when you're dead, you would be so lucky.

Last edited:

Caplax40

Grand Tourer
Feb 12, 2006
Boise, ID
^^^^^^^^^^ Has that one girl been confirmed dead? All I've heard is that she and another guy jumped out and she was "in bad shape" coming from an eye witness. That could mean anything.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
yeah this is really sad. pretty horrible,and at first it didnt hit me, but when i thought about the magnitude of killing 32 people...thats pretty f'ing sick.

thats like taking out a whole classroom of kids at my school.... i cant imagine what its like for the people that live/work/go to school there or close by... and then those that were taught by the teacher...who i'm sure has probably touched many lives...

and i noticed some of you i think actually do live close/personally affected by this. my prayers to those that have died and those who are hurt.....

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
Been following on the news and shit. Very sad and fucked up,

What type of gun did he use? 32 ppl killed from a handgun seems like a high number,yes i know it is possible but a hand gun cant hold more than 18 rounds. If he was carrying a rifle WTF how does that go unnoticed after someone is killed there earlier?

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
he had two hand guns and extra ammmo. forgot what type.

a witness said he knew what he was doing and reloaded quick...the guy was obviously prepared...and the amount of rounds held in a clip obviously did not hinder his killing spree.

hell he chained the doors shut once he was inside....

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
The first shooting was at 715 am (where he killed his exgirlfriend) and the second shooting was at around 915am (where he killed the majority).

What happened in between?

A fucking EMAIL was sent to students saying there has been a shooting on campus and to be cautious.

What ever happened to a lockdown when a shooting occurs at school?

No one could have been prepared for this but, COME ON NOW.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i agree with tony, tech shoulda handled it a bit better than that. 2 hrs between the shootings and an email was sent out. here's the timeline

7 am - first shooting, 2 people killed
9am - second shooting, 30 people killed
10:16am - first email sent warning students about the campus shooting
10:52am - second email sent giving lockdown procedures

sad.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
More should have been done, but its always easy to look back in hindsight.

That poor exgirlfriend. I just can't imagine what on Earth was going through that sick fuck's head. No wonder she broke with him, he was psychotic.

RIP

**edit, just looked at my avatar and its being changed as we speak.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
This realy weirded me out because i was going to go to tech for engineering but i decided to just get as many classes as i could at my local college before i went. If i had have just went i might hve been at the engineering building today.Things like this really make you think how lucky we are to be alive every day

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
how come kids dont do things like it was back when I was in school,,
"fight with your fists......

kids today, I tell you....

Will

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
Id like to first put out my prayers to the Familys of the lost students and faculity from Virgina Tech, I was born and raised in Blacksburg untill moving a little over 2 years ago, I am only about 2 hours away but this still hit home, I didnt know anyone that attended but i did have family that worked there, and took a while to reach him to ensure he was ok, I was even late to work to make sure he was ok. I have read the news from work from my phone, had family and friends from back home keeping me updated on everything that was going on. It is just a shame of what happened, and i can see alot of points from both sides of people reacting of how the whole situation was handled, I do belive the school handled it as best as they could. And i do agree, at the time the 2nd shooting was going on it was too late for many students to be notified to remain indoors. But i do feel that they could have handled things alot better and that anytime a shooting would happen that a lock down should happen on the school. It really is just a shame.

As far as people commenting on the students and faculty being pussys, my local news was there and also watching NBC nightly news. that many did infact resist and prevent access to a few classrooms. I honestly dont think that if some one came shooting in your home that you would be able to react and respond quick enough to stop some one who was on a mission to kill and create havoc, I can only imagine how much confusion that happened in that dorm and classroom when the shootings began, I think of myself as a person who is not afraid and would stand up underpressure, but i really feel that in a situation like that i would be scared for my life and wouldnt think strait. I can only think anyone of military or lawenforcment back grounds would have been the ones to really confront and take action against him.

sorry to rant, but this did hit home for me and i will be leaving early in the am to go and attend the gathering that will be happening tomorrow.

May peace come to this world.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Clip said:
i agree with tony, tech shoulda handled it a bit better than that. 2 hrs between the shootings and an email was sent out. here's the timeline

7 am - first shooting, 2 people killed
9am - second shooting, 30 people killed
10:16am - first email sent warning students about the campus shooting
10:52am - second email sent giving lockdown procedures

sad.

dear god...why......:icon_frow

one screaming fanatic at my school and we'd be in lock down in minutes. a college with thousands of students takes hours to just notify people? thats insane.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
willfish said:

Will

if only it were that simple.

this was obviously some one who was deeply disturbed. its just a shame that this couldnt have been prevented.

i dont think its such a bad idea to have all college students (i am one...) have a psychological evaluation. some kids who are suffering from some type of minor depression might get some help for a problem that could be interfering with their performance in school, and maybe they would spot some warning signs that youre a complete wacko that might shoot up the school.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
willfish said:

Will

They used to let us go to the gym, the coachs would give us sparing gloves and mouth peices, and basicly we would go at it. Controlled fighting environment. 90% of the time, the 2 people fighting would end up being good friends later on. I know, sounds like a fight club thing, but thats what would happen alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.