ViR2 supra restoration project. Dealership style lol

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
So, after more then two years of ownership I've decided to make my restoration thread, so here we go.

Short history:
I've bought my supra in 2006 April 1st (yeah, I know, its fools day lol). Previously I had 1992 Toyota Celica 3s-ge with aprox. 115 000km (60 000 miles) (EDM), I had it restored to full factory state, with lots of mods from Fidanza, HKS, Greddy and so on, repainted... But had booooored with it and wanted something RWD. So because me and my familly are a great fans of Toyota/Lexus, so I was cosidering Supra's only. So I've opened some ad site, and found a nice hardtop supra (which I was looking for, as I hate targas). So next day I've bought it for aproximetly 2500usd, which is very cheap for europe. Supra was compleatly dead, BHG, no tires, rust, different colors in interior pieces and so on. Here is the pic when I came to look at it for the first time:
p996191_1.jpg

So the whole 2006 summer my supra has spent in the dealership fixing all sorts of things. I've also dumped that stupid textile grey interior which was put instead of that sexy brown. Had it redone with Ivory leather and alcantara. To my mind it came pretty good ;)
p996191_2.jpg

Eventually the winter came and I had to put her for her beuty sleep during the winter. Next summer I had some fun with it, but also its my weekend car and I only use her during good weather or some motorsport event for representation. So after last summer it went for a complete repaint inside/out. As for now she is still at the body shop because a lot of work is being done to her.
Here are various pictures of her:
p996191_3.jpg

p996191_4.jpg

p996191_5.jpg

p996191_6.jpg

p996191_7.jpg

And here are some random pics from the day when we started painting her:
p996191_8.jpg

p996191_9.jpg

p996191_10.jpg

p996191_11.jpg

p996191_12.jpg

p996191_13.jpg

I've also bought this winter some nice 350z wheels. Though I've bought them only because I need tires :biglaugh: Chrome is not my cup of tea...
p996191_14.jpg

And by the way, I've also bought a genuine oil filter from my dealership, and look what I've found! It's made in the china!!! I'm puting that filter on my AYGO and getting a proper toyota filter which would be made in Japan
p996191_15.jpg

And here comes the list. All parts are original bought from my dealership (except aftermarket one's).

Suspension and brakesi:
Redone front supports
2 Toyota new supports in rear
Toyota pads F/R
Toyota brake lines
Toyota all new bushings in the back
Toyota front traction arms
Toyota rear traction bars
Toyota rear traction arms
Toyota strut protecting gaskets
Toyota rear left wheel hub
Toyota kardano guolis
4# NSK wheel bearings
KONI Sport struts
Toyota rear diff housing

Interior:
Ivory leather with alcantara

Engine / transmission:
HKS SSQV
MDCMotorsports .57trim CT2
Toyota intercooler tubing
Toyota two upper hoses going from accordian to TB
Toyota "accordian hose"
Toyota radiator cap
Toyota engine harness
Toyota gearbox synchros

Everything else:
Toyota fuel tank
Toyota all fuel tank gaskets
Redone fuel pump with modified votage
Scrubed, zinc plated and repainted spare tire well
Toyota right side lamp motor
Toyota left side after-fender (I dont know how it's calledin english, sorry :D)
Toyota fuel lines
Toyota underbody plugs
Toyota side skirt plugs
Toyota bronze windshield
Toyota rear lamp gaskets
Greddy Turbo Timer

This friday I'll get her back from the paint shop and I'll give you guys a lot more pictures and some minor updates :)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
that white stuff is primer I guess :) I dont really know much about painting, but that stuff is used when evening the metal, covering all the dings and so on :)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
And what was the cause of that? Changed your mind? :) Is it worth to bother with Greddy belt when our engines are not interfering type?

Cha, 4 more days and I'll have my car back!

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
So, till my supra is back here are some pics of my daily car, Toyota AYGO ;)
I've just given it a bath so dont mind the mess around the car :D And finally it shines again after this winter!
p999485_1.jpg

p999485_2.jpg

p999485_3.jpg

p999485_4.jpg

p999485_5.jpg

p999485_6.jpg

Please dont mind the quality of the pics, these ware taken with my n95

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
its smaler then yaris, and looks better to me :D And also has better MPG, feels like almost riding on air :) 60miles cost just about 9usd

Pics of supra are coming, tomorrow she should be back home safe and sound and I'll try to make a nice photoshoot, or at least take some photos with my phone ;)

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
ok, today I'm really pissed. And more and more I'm feeling like I've been screwed and my car got stollen by that shop. It's the second week since my last talk with the painters, and since then they keep ignoring my calls, never pick up when I call them on the cell phone, never return my e-mails, their companys head is posing on the local performance enthusiast forum, but also ignores my PM... So enough is enough, my parents are coming back from their vacation in Peru next week, so i'll take my dad and his two lawers with me and go get that car or that f***** a$$h0le who stole it. Either way I'm not going to beat the shit out of his ass, but take him to court instead and make him pay me enough to buy myself a new lex.

God damn I'm angry, and I cant even go take a look at where it is, because of this work and also the fact that my car is 200miles away from me...

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
so as some of you may already know, my supra got stolen by my painter. He had switched off his phone for 2 weeks, with just occasional online time. Ignoring my messages on forums, SMS and so on. I've also found on some local forum how he's "enjoying" how my supra handles, drifts, rides and so on... So, without going to cops i've phoned my friend, and he has found that prick through his connections, all I had to do was to give him all info about him (address, name, phone, bla bla bla) and few of my mates are going to his place just to "check" how's that motherfucker doing. So I'm receiving my car back on thursday, all the money back from him and some compensation for his "joy rides". And hopefully some of his bones or at least some of his teeth will be also included...

Sorry I'm pissed right now so any further info will be on Thursday. And thats the cause why I was away from SM.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
ViR2;1022723 said:
so as some of you may already know, my supra got stolen by my painter. He had switched off his phone for 2 weeks, with just occasional online time. Ignoring my messages on forums, SMS and so on. I've also found on some local forum how he's "enjoying" how my supra handles, drifts, rides and so on... So, without going to cops i've phoned my friend, and he has found that prick through his connections, all I had to do was to give him all info about him (address, name, phone, bla bla bla) and few of my mates are going to his place just to "check" how's that motherfucker doing. So I'm receiving my car back on thursday, all the money back from him and some compensation for his "joy rides". And hopefully some of his bones or at least some of his teeth will be also included...

Sorry I'm pissed right now so any further info will be on Thursday. And thats the cause why I was away from SM.

WTf ??? Are you serious bro!?? Your painter stole your car?? Or is this a Lithuanian joke?? lol
That is messed up...

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
no, thats no joke :) thou it sounds like one.
And that's what you get when you trust people, at least now I'm happy that assh#$% wont be able to make any business in automotive industry, his company got sued, his ass beat up by "business men" just moments ago and I'm getting my car back fully painted and with compensation.

Just for the record, such things are not common here, especially when shop was recommended by a good friend.

And I dont even know how stupid you need to be to post pictures and how you're driving your clients car in a local forum, and even on which I am registered...

Just to show his stupidity I'm posting one of his original post with translation:

ss12 said:
aj bl, per diena wos 6 kartus neuzsimusau taip darydamas, bet poto ivaldziau, boosta kai pakeliau tai wopse, nebejudi antru begiu kai uzpucia, yyylgas kasimasis

Translation:
ss12 said:
fuck, I've almost got killed 6 times that day doing so (he was talking about drifting), but eventually I've managed to control it and when I've crancked the boost up it was imposible to move in 2nd gear, there was just a loooooong wheel spin