Vf1=5.2V @ WOT !?

StefanLarsson

Viking
Jun 26, 2006
Sweden
I hooked up a voltmeter to the Vf1 connection i the diag. connector today to check my lambda readings after I somehow managed to clean out my faulty AFM.
The car runs and pulls fine but the Vf1 reads 5.2 Volts at WOT, should I be alarmed or continue boosting?
It reads 2.5 Volts at cruise speed.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
2.5 at steady cruise is normal. It means there is no correction.

I am wondering how you cleaned out the AFM. That isn't something you are supposed to do.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
As long as you removed the sensor in the AFM before you cleaned it out you should be ok, but as nick stated, don't touch the actual sensor. If you did, you will most likely be looking at a new sensor. If that happens, I would go with speed density and say screw the AFM. But that's just my opinion, don't listen to me...

StefanLarsson

Viking
Jun 26, 2006
Sweden
I removed the sensor from the AFM housing/tunnel and cleaned it externally from all the gunk that had been gathered throughout the years, then i opened the lid of the sensor and poked around a bit(carfully!) but soon gave up, I'ts sealed pretty good...
Anyway, my car ran like crap before but now it runs fine again, but I'm woundering if 5.2v at WOT is something to worry about or if it is normal?

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i belive the vf is an indication of weathr or not the car's running rich or lean..

if i remeber right, your' runnin pig rich at wot, whitch sounds a bit normal..

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
You won't get the CEL coming on if your knock sensors are detecting knock, only if the sensors are broken. They will _always_ be detecting at least some knock.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You can get a code for knock and no correction. There is no repair for that one though. It is the one error that is really an ECU problem.