Veyron eater!!!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The Veyron isn't spectacular due to it's performance alone, however. What makes it so great is the fact that anyone can drive it - the technology behind it has made it possible for an average person to handle one of the most powerful cars in the world.

If you're just looking at raw performance, there are plenty of other options out there at a fraction of the cost.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GrimJack;1671522 said:
The Veyron isn't spectacular due to it's performance alone, however. What makes it so great is the fact that anyone can drive it - the technology behind it has made it possible for an average person to handle one of the most powerful cars in the world.

If you're just looking at raw performance, there are plenty of other options out there at a fraction of the cost.

Very well stated. The Veyron is possibly the single best consumer/production gasoline car we will ever see from an engineering perspective. Anyone can throw 1100hp into a carbon fiber chassis at this point in automotive history, that no longer warrants too many ooooh and aaaaahs.

All this being said that is still an impressive machine, although all the calculations and so called figures are just estimates. I'd like to see that car be stable at 250+mph before I give it much thought. Again, I think the Veyron is the benchmark. If you need to be a professional race car driver to handle the thing at speed, then what good is 2000hp??

SupraTurbo_MK3

Jan 6, 2011
Amherst Ohio
I know it has not been built yet...I'm just happy to see an American car trying to push the envelope.....As genius as the veyron is I think it's butt ugly....I would rather have a hennessey venom GT my favorite car

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
American-built supercar

That scares me....

Plus like poodles said, these cars get rendered then someone from the company slaps some massive numbers on it and says something about beating the veyron to get media attention.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Am I the only one who doesn't really like the Veyron? I mean I'm sure its a great car (maybe, I've never driven one), but its got almost none of the things that appeal to me. I mean it might be neat to ride in a car that fast, but I don't think it looks very good and to me its the epitome of what I don't like about modern cars.

I mean sure, the engineering is there, but I thought engineers liked simpler solutions to problems, which the Veyron clearly is not. Don't worry though, no double standard from me, that's partially the reason why I don't like almost any modern cars.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Kangae;1671611 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't really like the Veyron? I mean I'm sure its a great car (maybe, I've never driven one), but its got almost none of the things that appeal to me. I mean it might be neat to ride in a car that fast, but I don't think it looks very good and to me its the epitome of what I don't like about modern cars.

I mean sure, the engineering is there, but I thought engineers liked simpler solutions to problems, which the Veyron clearly is not. Don't worry though, no double standard from me, that's partially the reason why I don't like almost any modern cars.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nope, I hate the car...but from an engineering stand point, it boggles my mind.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not a fan of the veyron's looks either. Though the newest one isn't bad.

If I could have one of the "crazy" supercars, it would be a Zonda.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
GrimJack;1671522 said:

Anyone but this guy... [video=youtube;VwE7IIUqcXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwE7IIUqcXE[/video]

Yeah, I know it's old news.