very quick q.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
alright i know that i prolly shouldnt even need to ask this.. but basically my car is outside on the road.. with no downpipe.. i took it off to weld it.. now i have a big slping driveway... can i start the car to drive it up the driveway? or am i stuck doing it on the road or pushing it into the driveway...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
if you have the elbow on there you could prob get away w/ it briefly. altho i still dont recommend it. extremely hot exh gas makes hell for wiring and hoses. if you dont even have an elbow on there, dont even think about it.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
yea it wouild be shooting right into my ffirewall :D car is bone cold though... and it would be 10 seconds tops....

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
If your really worried you could get some heat wrap and and do the wires/hoses and such.

10 seconds is enough time for things to get hot, I know exhausts do get hot quick even on N/A's.

Get a buddy and push it up.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
^^ yeah you could do that if you take out the FI fuse so it wont start. Ive done that a bunch of times when I ran out of gas and needed to get a car off the road.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
MK3Brent said:
Deactivate the clutch safety start electrical stuff... and crank the motor while it's in gear.

:rofl:
No don't do that.

hahaha i was thikning about it. but i was like no i cant do that to my car lol. oh well i just did it on the road.. almost got run over twice :aigo: