Vegas!!!! MK3's smack Talk/update on travellers heading to Vegas

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
GrimJack;1148943 said:
Popped off a nitrous line. :)

I have a vid of the fireball, I'll get it up asap. Just got in here, 1500 miles home takes a while!

Yeah Fuel Solenoid line for the Nitrous setup decided to give the engine bay a spray down LOL.

2jzmk3

upgradedsupra;1148348 said:
You bringing your car next year Sean?!

probably not, sorry no matter which way you cut it, texas is way more fun. alot more racing, and alot bigger turn out.

it was still fun, and i will probably fly out again. plus the only car that will be a good race for me will be jeff or you if you ever get your car together. without chaging your entire setup. i cant hurt his pride by getting beat by a car thats rowing gears lol..

jeff if you make it to texas it will be a good race. i need to get some practice in. send me that 9.3 log.. do it..

jawsgear;1148988 said:
Yeah Fuel Solenoid line for the Nitrous setup decided to give the engine bay a spray down LOL.

it just want to give it a very expensive bath.. thats all. good times jeff, need to try that big tire dude. that thing will probably lift the front wheels..

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Just got back from the 2700 mile drive home...

We had a good time even though we didn't win the smackdown. Had an issue with a split silicone coupler off the turbo, and thanks to Randy (BIC) we borrowed one of his and got it back together only to have it pop off on the next pass. We were going to try again for the 9's, but it started to rain just as we were about to be waived to the burnout box. We never got to spray the car because it was never running good enough on boost alone to warrant it (due to that coupler). Our best was a 10.0x with the coupler blowing off at 1000ft. We knew we were the underdogs in the smackdown....we made way less power, and didnt have a blingy 2j under the hood ;), but we had fun anyways.

Every year i got to a Vegas or Texas even i meet cool new people, and this year was no exception, so i'd like to say it was cool to meet Darian (sp?), Randy, the guys with Tyler from AZ, Dave (grim) and the other guy you were with (i feel like a douche for not remembering his name...but feel free to post up and call me one :)) and i'm sure some others that i'm forgetting, but a 2700 mile drive in 58 hours all by yourself will do that to ya....

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
2jzmk3;1149115 said:
probably not, sorry no matter which way you cut it, texas is way more fun. alot more racing, and alot bigger turn out.

it was still fun, and i will probably fly out again. plus the only car that will be a good race for me will be jeff or you if you ever get your car together. without chaging your entire setup. i cant hurt his pride by getting beat by a car thats rowing gears lol..

jeff if you make it to texas it will be a good race. i need to get some practice in. send me that 9.3 log.. do it..

it just want to give it a very expensive bath.. thats all. good times jeff, need to try that big tire dude. that thing will probably lift the front wheels..

LOL The car will be back together soon enough. I will be ordering a few parts in the next little while and am waiting on some now. ;) I'm not changing anything major as I haven't run this set-up yet. :icon_razz

Slow66;1149170 said:

We had a good time even though we didn't win the smackdown. Had an issue with a split silicone coupler off the turbo, and thanks to Randy (BIC) we borrowed one of his and got it back together only to have it pop off on the next pass. We were going to try again for the 9's, but it started to rain just as we were about to be waived to the burnout box. We never got to spray the car because it was never running good enough on boost alone to warrant it (due to that coupler). Our best was a 10.0x with the coupler blowing off at 1000ft. We knew we were the underdogs in the smackdown....we made way less power, and didnt have a blingy 2j under the hood ;), but we had fun anyways.

Every year i got to a Vegas or Texas even i meet cool new people, and this year was no exception, so i'd like to say it was cool to meet Darian (sp?), Randy, the guys with Tyler from AZ, Dave (grim) and the other guy you were with (i feel like a douche for not remembering his name...but feel free to post up and call me one :)) and i'm sure some others that i'm forgetting, but a 2700 mile drive in 58 hours all by yourself will do that to ya....

Thanks to you and Dave for updates on the event. :) Glad you made it home safe. I spoke with Shawn an hour ago and he said that he may run the car next weekend on bottle. You get video of that! :naughty:

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
GrimJack;1149272 said:
Jawsgear fire vid:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tosbwyiADsI

May take a bit before it's available, it's still processing as I check right now...

Good save on that car putting out the fire Jeff. That would have been a hell of a waste of good meat..

Would have been great to see Shawn C, Duane and Sean Titan in the mix aswell. Maybe a couple of runs by mibrum racing.

Aaron, you runnin a govenor on that 1J? hahahaha, sorry dude I couldn't help myself..

KeithH, you're killin me not posting the results up..lol..

:)

BTZ

Apr 5, 2005
Burnaby
Slow66;1149170 said:

Where you refering to me, lol.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
Slow66;1149302 said:
So was Shawn supposed to get cash for being the quickest 7m there??

Yes, the majority of extra cash I kicked in personally is for the fastest 7M ET auto, and fastest 7M ET 5 spd. The rest went towards the Vegas Smack Down and High Roller series respectively. Were they not handed out at the awards ceremony? I'm hoping KeithH has it under control..

Last edited:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
BTZ;1149318 said:
Where you refering to me, lol.

Yes i was :)

VanSupra;1149333 said:
Yes, the majority of extra cash I kicked in personally is for the fastest 7M ET auto, and fastest 7M ET 5 spd. The rest went towards the Vegas Smack Down and High Roller series respectively. Were they not handed out at the awards ceremony? I'm hoping KeithH has it under control..

Well the Drags were the day after the awards. We didn't know how any of the payouts/points for the smackdown were going to pan out....

Give us our $$ Keith!! ;) :)

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yup SILV was pretty awsome...alot of broken cars, including my own. I was matched up against Shawns (pinks) car for my first run which was also the eliminations round, pretty much any mk3 without the stock turbo was in the smackdown class... I red lighted and when I launched, my clutch fan clipped my brand new Koyo race rad, so my run was done. I spent the rest of the night trying to hunt down another rad. Jose from Kaizien came through the next day by driving from LA to Vegas to hand deliver me a radiator, HUGE PROPS TO YOU!!! I still cant believe that you did that for someone you have never met before. Thank you so much !!!, we made it the 1800 mile trip back last night.

Randy

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
We had a small problem presenting awards after the drags. IT WAS FREAKING POURING! I think my pants are finally dry after hanging them out the van window for 1200 miles at 80mph. DANG!

I have all of the payouts that have not been made yet. Still have to figure out who made the best pass with the 5-speed.

I got home this evening... dumped the contents of the van in the middle of the garage and returned the van to the rental counter. Now I have to sort through the mountain and figure out what direction is up again.

Soon my friends. You're money is safe - for now. :)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
becauseican;1149508 said:
Yup SILV was pretty awsome...alot of broken cars, including my own. I was matched up against Shawns (pinks) car for my first run which was also the eliminations round, pretty much any mk3 without the stock turbo was in the smackdown class... I red lighted and when I launched, my clutch fan clipped my brand new Koyo race rad, so my run was done. I spent the rest of the night trying to hunt down another rad. Jose from Kaizien came through the next day by driving from LA to Vegas to hand deliver me a radiator, HUGE PROPS TO YOU!!! I still cant believe that you did that for someone you have never met before. Thank you so much !!!, we made it the 1800 mile trip back last night.

Randy

Randy, Jose DID do you a great service, and should be commended for doing so. I have never met you, and so far have never even done business with you. But, for two different reasons, I would have done the same for you. Those two reasons are:

1. A Supra brethren in need will always get my attention.

2. After all you have done for this community, I would go that extra mile to try to repay a very small portion of it. It doesn't matter that we haven't met. I don't say this to discount what Jose did for you at all.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
ForcedTorque;1149986 said:
1. A Supra brethren in need will always get my attention.
I agree! I must give a big thanks to Randy, Dave, Stu and the other Supras for waiting around in a small town offering tools and helping me diagnose the problem with my car (Timing belt tensioner).