Valve shim part numbers?

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
I'm swapping shims in my 7mgte. I've searched around and can't find a part number list for the different shim sizes. Does anyone have the numbers?

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
just called local toyota dealership because i need about 14 shims. they want $12 each. are you fucking kidding me? :(

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
still $7 each at cylinder head supply. awesome that they are almost half the price of toyota oem, but damn, that still seems expensive for a tiny little metal disc. is this the best way to go?

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
no reason to thread jack, but I'm looking for shim less buckets for a custom 7m cam set up any hints on where besides toyota?

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
i have no idea. i obviously know the toyota shims are good. i dont have access to a cylinderheadsupply shim. the only thing i can go with is the fact that other members have purchased them and been satisfied with the quality.

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Go to a local motorcycle shop and ask for shims for a Honda CB750 (as per this post: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ve-clearance&p=1291611&viewfull=1#post1291611 ) at the parts/service counter. My local shop just gave me the shims I need, said they hardly ever get any bikes in that use them anymore. It helps if you measure everything out first and find out what shims you can reuse....then go get the half-dozen or so ones you may need to replace.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Cyrus;1840123 said:
still $7 each at cylinder head supply. awesome that they are almost half the price of toyota oem, but damn, that still seems expensive for a tiny little metal disc. is this the best way to go?

You guys didn't check that link very closely;
6.95 is for a pack of TWO.
Now tell me it's not the place to shop for shims.