vacuum leak

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
alright, i have a vacuum leak... i can hear the hissing at idle with the hood open. coming from behind the alternator area, no it's not the alternator making the noise. i sprayed some carb clean around there, and the idle changed(bogged a lil) what things over there would cause a leak? all the vacuum lines look good, no cracks... i had the intake manifold off like... laast winter. i didn't seperate the manidolf, i just unbolted it from the head. this is something that i might need to check... umm, also, there is a line under the throttle body... i think it might come off the bottum of the TB, but it goes about 6+ inches, then goes into a ...vsv? and stops, looks like it has cotton in the other end.... ugh, hard to explain.

alright, not sure if anyone can help me with this, but anything that is common, or anything, please chiime in.

thanks

ross1

Jul 14, 2005
va
that cotton thing is the something dashpot, you need to keep that but it doesn't connect to anything. on the bottom of the intake manifold there are two vacuum lines and there is a hardline that connects the 2 vsv's to the rest of the vaccum lines that run up the front and over to the connections around the throttle body. i hope that helps a little.

ross