vacuum hose placement

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Ok, im trying to tie up the loose ends on my rebuild, and since I never took the motor apart myself I dont know exactly where everything goes back. My vacuum lines are the only thing left. I have most of them hooked up but theres a couple left.

First, the little one underneath the accordian hose....i searched and found a thread where shaeff mentioned it going to the power steering pump. what is this for?

Second, I dont have a charcoal canister, and I dont have EGR, so that eliminates a lot of crap, correct?

Third, there is a line shown on the TSRM picture, that I cant seem to find where it connects to. I circled it here:
vacdialp3.jpg

I'll take pictures of that in a minute.

Im going to recheck everything, and post any other problems II might have.
Thanks,
-Justin

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
vaccum001ny7.jpg

This is what comes off the piece circled above...itsa hose connected to a small hardline, connected to another hose that looks like someone cut the end off it.

And I forgot about this:
vaccum002km7.jpg

The bigger line of the two...Not sure where it goes.
Thanks again guys.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Green circled one: I think it may go to the canister with te VSV on top of it. It could be an N/A only thing.

Check the bottom of your hood for a Vac line diagram. It will show you where everything goes.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
For the second pic there should be a line underneath that area and little towards the front that is an air line. You should be able to see it from the top next to the fuel rail.

Did you remove that broken hose to see what's under it? Something about that first pic looks wrong with how you have it sitting...

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
JustAnotherVictim said:
Did you remove that broken hose to see what's under it? Something about that first pic looks wrong with how you have it sitting...

Since the first portion of the line is rubber, I just bent it up and out from under the intake mani so that I could take a picture of it. On the TSRM picture it looks to be running towards the block, but I dont see where it connects.

Or do you think the end with the cut hose is broken?

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
The hose circled in blue is connected, and when I trace it through the hard line (yellow) it comes out at the line circled in green.
vaccr3.jpg

And I cant find the air line near the fuel rail.

jetjock - whats CBV stand for?

Sorry if this all sounds very newb of me.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
Ok, I appreciate all the response.
I just finished for the day, and I left the piece in question hanging loose. I started the car and for the first time it idled perfectly, without any help. Tomorrow, if everything works out, Ill be getting one or two last things, then Ill be able to put i on the road for the first time!
Thanks again guys.
-Justin

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Yep, you're right Johnathan, although you have fuel stuff circled there (from another use of that pic I'm guessing). The line runs up behind the manifold and connects to the pipe that runs to the control port of the CBV. It's the only thing missing on that diagram. Someone needs to photoshop that sucker in. Victim: No turbo, no CBV ;)