vacuum hose mixup?

Speeddemon44

Feb 10, 2008
Ohio
(My first post). OK i have an 89 supra with the 7mgte. The guy i bought it from had swapped in a newer motor because the old one had around 160000 miles on it. I was replacing the vacuum hoses on it and was reading the diagram for the hose layout. The hoses that lead from the charcoal canister and from the throttle body to the BSVS weren't hooked up because there is a blue sensor in the place of the union for the hoses. I had looked at the previous post for this and seen the different layouts for the hoses but mine is different. Mine still has alot of the hoses that are shown removed hooked up. Also the diagram that looked like mine showed that the charcoal canister and throttle body lines should be blocked but they are still all ran with vacuum line. So my question is should i just block them off? (and with what?) Or does mine have a layout different then the ones showed in Dirgle's post? I would post a picture but do not currently have access to a digital camera.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Sadly a picture would really help here so we can help you with what you need to do. Surely you know somebody that at least has a cell phone that can take a pic. That would kinda suck , but be better than nothing.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Kinda hard to tell what you are talking about, but you should not block off any of your vacuum lines.

Here are a few good charts:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/TechTips/vacuum_hose.aspx

sometimes it's hard to tell where things are supposed to go so just look at a few other pictures and you will be able to figure it out.

vacuum_2h.gif