vacuum at idle

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
as of right now, at idle i'm pulling 18in of vacuum.... but when i turn the heater on, it goes to 20in. i've seen people saying that the electronic heater thing usually goes... if i bypass it and connect the vacuum line directly to the heater vsv (bell shapped diaphram thing) what would change?

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
if i pinch the vacuum line that has the check valve in it (goes to the electronic heater valve...controller.....solenoid...thing, i don't know the name for it.) the vacuum changes to 20 at idle, and when decelerating it pulls 24-25in. with out it pinched.. 18in at idle, 20in when decelerating.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
It sounds like that valve is shot or leaking vacuum to me.. It should not IMO.

I will check mine in the morning for you to make sure...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yes, i bet the diaphram in the heater valve is ripped. i'm willing to bet joel is spot on. :)

-shaeff

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
shaeff said:
yes, i bet the diaphram in the heater valve is ripped. i'm willing to bet joel is spot on. :)

-shaeff

thanks for the replies. if i pinch the vacuum line off for now, would it have any side effects? i'm not going to be using my heater for a while, so i don't think it would be a problem.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I looked at mine and the valve does not leak like yours. You will be fine plugging off the vacuum line to that valve until you get it replaced..:)