V160 Speed Sensor Wiring...

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Can someone tell me if i can some how bypass the "ODO and TRIP METER" from this diagram.

Reading up on the ODO and Trips function is to "Buffer" the signal. I have no idea what this is.

The ECU gets its feed (Pink) from the ODO component.

Any help appreciated!

173ebb1777a637a0c186f4c2c342844f.jpg

Got under the car today can only confirm that i had power on the yellow. No pulses from either of the other wires when the wheel was turning. :/

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Dr Tweak;1126348 said:
Pin 1 is 12v, pin 2 is Ground, pin 3 is Signal. However, I'm pretty sure that you cannot hook the speed signal wire up to the ECU, the "SPD" pin always comes from the speedometer head itself. The signal are most likely different.

-Doc

Just copying this from Stenno's writeup on turbosupras.com

1 problem I noticed was the speedometer wasn't working but the PPS was, for a second it didn't click, then the penny dropped - Due to the Speedometer drive gear being located on top of the output shaft on the V160 it was spinning backwards and winding the odometer down! (The gear is meshed with a worm gear on the output shaft so depending on if the speedometer gear is above or below the output shaft will define which way the speedometer gear is driven).

In the case of the R154, it's located underneath the output shaft. So the solution here is to construct a box with 2 simple gears in it to reverse the direction of the speedometer cable*.

After arriving at work I made the call to book the car in to have it's exhaust done however due to them being busy this would have to be done the following day, so the car was to sit at work over night.

*This is something I haven't managed to get around to doing, as a result I have re-installed the original electronic speedometer drive and am running an Apexi speed cut device which not only removes the 180km limit, it also gives me an accurate and working digital speedometer.

How do you guys think he's done this? simply bypassed the ODO wiring it up directly? :/

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Ok i have managed to sort this myself. rraced some wiring and found that the GND for the sensor was terminated in some tape. did it according to supras.nl instructions... my bad :)