V12 Supra

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
I saw that the other day. Amazing that they even turbocharged it with 2 turbos. I don't like the looks, but it's still great. I was even considering trying this out myself. When it comes to cars, people over here in PR are somewhat..... dense (98% of the population at least).

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Welcome to useless post 1,000,000.

If your going to tell me that please back it up with a link. I did a search and found nothing. While I believe it's fully possible for it to be a repost(The internet is one giant repost) please show me proof rather than just randomly claiming repost.

No link, no happen.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
all over SF as well...

that body kit comes with the headlights and all as well... dunno if I like it, maybe in another color?

the V12 wasn't pushed hard enough IMHO, IIRC it's not putting out nearly as much power as a proper 2J...

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Mister Crispy said:
Thanks for keeping me entertained. I'm rather bored, and its 100 degrees outside :rofl:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42650&highlight=top+secret

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39964&highlight=top+secret
Mentioned there too

unfortunately, the term V12 is not searchable

its Okay tho, its a cool video

Much more helpful, thank you.;) Sorry for the repost, I figured I would have seen those at some point, strange. Oh well what is done is done.

Good catch

P.S. : Not last year, last couple of months :p

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
tekdeus said:
What was it's power? 533 ps? Is that metric?

you have the same question that i did.

here's what i found with a little searching.. with what i read it looks like 1ps is about 3/4 hp so im going to assume, that the dyno in the video is about 450 whp, probaly a low boost,
i have a mag saying he plans to break his top speed record that he did in a skyline, i think it was 215mph? he aims at 230/245?? and say's he'll need around 1000hp to get there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#PS

[edit] PS
This unit (German: Pferdestärke = horse strength) is no longer a lawful unit, but is still commonly used in Europe, South America and Japan, especially by the automotive and motorcycle industry. It was adopted throughout continental Europe with designations equivalent to the English "horse power", but mathematically different from the British unit. It is defined by the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB)[1] in Braunschweig as exactly:

1 PS = 75 kp·m/s = 0.73549875 kW = 0.9863201652997627 hp (SAE)
The PS was adopted by the Deutsches Institut für Normung (DIN) and then by the automotive industry throughout most of Europe.

In the 19th century the French had their own unit, called the poncelet (p) In 1992, the PS was rendered obsolete by EEC directives, when it was replaced by the kilowatt as the official power measuring unit. It remained in use for commercial and advertising purposes, as customers were not familiar with the use of kilowatts for combustion engines

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
i cant remember exactly why, but I know there was some reason why they weren't modding the car above like 450-500hp. I think it was cause they needed some engine parts that didnt really exist, so they were having them custom made.. or something along those lines..

its been a while since then though, would be curious to see where the car is at now. :naughty: