using a usdm 2jz-gte maf sensor with 7mgte?

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
am looking to do this on a 7mgte using the usdm tt maf sensor seems like i can match up the wires but the only red flag i see here is the calibrations the 7mgte maf compared to the tt usdm maf the 7mgte has 550cc tt usdm injectors

am sorry if this has been answerd but i usally search for a good 1hr before i post a thread

an input is great!!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You might think it could work but the outputs are most likely different so it won't work. Contact 3P, he is a member who has the sticky in the ECU section and has done extensive research on the 7M ECU.

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
i will thanks for the input am working making nistune work on our supras but thats a work progress, so ill look into this more

sidenote:did u sell ur supra yet??

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
The 2JZ-GTE is a Hot wire MAF.

Unlike air flow meters, hot wire or hot film mass air flow sensors directly measure air mass, as the convective qualities of air are affected by factors like temperature, humidity and density. Hot wire sensors create an analog signal and hot film sensors a digital frequency signal.

Most common hot-wire MAF sensors use a platinum wire or filament heated to a prescribed, maintained temperature above ambient, located centrally in the incoming air stream. These sensors function on the electrical principle that resistance increases with temperature. As intake air moves past the wire or film, the cooling effect causes a measurable drop in resistance, and thus lower voltage is required to maintain the prescribed temperature. The hot-wire MAF control unit is sent a reference voltage of 5V, and returns around .4V to.5V at idle and from 4.5V to 5V at full throttle. Based on a fixed data set, an accurate assumption of air mass is made.

Readings can stray from the target values as a result of contamination of the wire and for the sake of accuracy, an additional input from an integrated intake temperature sensor is sometimes used. Many hot wire MAFs incorporate a burn off cycle when the ignition is switched off, heating the element to over 1800-degrees F to clear it of contamination. Hot wire sensors are the most physically delicate and easily contaminated of all the air flow and mass sensors.

Short answer no, Long answer yes but you'd need a translator to convert the signal to Karman Vortex. MAFT Pro can do this If I remember right but does this with a GM Sensor. See noted GIF for what the Kármán vortex looks like.

Vortex-street-animation.gif