Upper control arm

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
Well on the way to work today the wheel bearing went out. Called in to work.. got hom i've got the wheel bearing put in and the upper control arm balljoint is shot. I've looked around online and noticed you cant buy the balljoint itself I want to find a reputable company to deal with. Anyone have a good supplier or is it better to buy this one from Toyota themselves? Thanks in advance, I'll check back in a bit.

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
best bet for stock Item is Champion Toyota http://www.toyotaworld.com/ I have gotten best prices from them, local dealer wont even match their price plus shipping. :3d_frown: this part retails for $461.99 :aigo: but even at Champion price $351.11 is steep. I have heard of people pressing the old ball joint out and finding suitable replacement, but never actually seen it done. This could be your opportunity to fab a replacement and sell it to the community!

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
I appreciate the tilp and thank you. I'll check the site out asap. As far as tooling one up. No can do. I dont have the skills, shop or tools to do so. I wish I did, but there isnt a way for me to do it.

One question: they say upper right or upper left control arm are they saying looking at the car from the front or looking from the inside?

Last edited:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Some aftermarkets are steel, not aluminum like the stock arm.

Right and left are determined from you sitting in the vehicle.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
That's good to know. Thanks for posting up an OEM styled replacement that's less expensive.

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
yes that is very good to know. Thank you for posting. I'm going to check this weekend and see how fast the local can get one. I really appreciate your post. I've looked high an low here.. not one to found in junkyards, here anyway.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
The upper ball joints on my car are getting pretty loose as well. Decided to see what it takes to modify the control arms to use replacable ball joints. I'll get some pics next week and post up how it goes.

Sorry to jack your thread, by the way. :)

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Not sure if this would be off-topic. I guess not, but if you go with the NAPA control arm, I'm pretty sure you also get a discount with CAA membership, just show your card...if you're a member. Just sayin, might save you or someone else a few bucks.

superdupersupramk3

Superdupersupra
Jun 4, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
oh man same thing happened to me dude..i slid into a curb sideways at 45mph and all 4 ball joints were shot! so i went searching and found on ebay great prices..i got two brand new lower ball joints and two good conditioned upper control arms w/ no play on the ball joints all for $200 and that was w/ the tax..i did most of the work myself w/ reg tools and a fork ($15)..i needed my buddy for some muscle but it was way better than paying the $200 a piece plus the $300 for labor. it makes a hell of a diff on the car. all i got left to do is replace the hubs and get an alignment..but try out ebay, i def got a hell of a deal there

Last edited: