Upgrading A/C hoses to barrier hose for R134a?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Just got my A/C system serviced, seems I'm leaking through the OE flexible hoses. No big surprise considering the system was upgraded to R134a before I bought it, however, the hoses are still original gear designed for R12.

Wondering if anyone knows a place that sells barrier hose kits for the Supra?

Failing that, anybody know places that can make them to order for us?

Got a quote from a local shop here, they can get them custom made, however, the cost seems rather high, they wanted ~$1000 for the job.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
have a look through the aeroquip catalog...I know they have a pretty good selection of AC hoses and fittings, though you'd still need to adapt them to fit our wacky hose ends...

as for pre-made, I can't help you there.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
My local hydrolic shop does a/c lines as well, maybe yours too? Take your current lines to one and see if they can replace the rubber peices. Im sure they use R134 rated hose.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Dave, if you need some for templates, let me know- I'm fairly certain that I have two sets of them. Pay shipping and they're yours- I'll never use them, that's for sure! LOL.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
ACKITS.com is where I've gotten alot of A/C pieces from and they seem to have all kinds of universal kits with barrier hose.

Just had a hose place repair an A/C line for a friend and it only cost $42 US after taxes. The new hose is as good or better than the OEM one.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ used auto zone for my soft suction side as well and no issues...
cost under $60 IIRC. If you want to go this route i can pick some up locally and ship them, just pay for the shipping and parts...

They were identical to the stock fit and connection...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=A/C+Hose+Assembly&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Climate+Control&navValue=15200466&itemId=prod60561&parentId=cat30062

Now if you want custom id give this guy a call... http://polarbearinc.com/

he also has stock replacement lines and many other parts..