Upgraded turbo parts and numbers ?

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Some things upfront:
- I searched my ass off for this information but couldn't find anything.
- I didn't post this in the turbocharger section because I don't know if this topic will get enough information to make it to that 'knowlegde-base'-like section.
- I live in the Netherlands (europe) and shipping stuff back to the USA is expensive for me.

Last year I bought an upgraded turbo from MDCMotorsports.
57 trim wheel, fresh build, polished housing.
I installed it and drove it for about 15 minutes. It never saw more than stock boost and that even only once.
After 15 minutes of driving, there was a strange sound. Apparently my turbo sucked up something (don't know what; couldn't find anything anywhere) and the turbo went bad instantly. The fins on the intake wheel were bent. :(

Now i want to replace that intake wheel because that seems to be the cheapest way as I already spent about 700 euro on the turbo.

Probably everything else (bearings, shaft) is still okay. I think I found a shop that can replace the wheel and balance everything but I will need part numbers.

Does anyone have part numbers for an upgraded 57 trim turbo by MDC?
Do I need anything else? did MDC also replace the shaft? or other things?
The wheel seems to come of of an Garrett (t04?) turbo. I believe I had the GT wheel also.

I hope someone can help me find part numbers, and/or information about what parts are used by MDC when rebuilding these turbo's.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Muzy;1172181 said:
I would call MDCmotorsports, they may be very helpfull. Muzy:icon_bigg

Oh I'm sorry that I didn't clarify my problem enough.
John has stopped his business. He can't be contacted. At least not by me. And he doesn't reply to PM's.

John is not to blame for anything. He's been more than helpfull to me. But now i have a problem I don't know where to go.
Calling is practically not an option because of the time differences (12h+)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
contact jtmaulis... i think thats his SN on here... he should be able to help you, or contact Aaron @ Driftmotion....

but if you did get the GT wheel, didnt he only get a certain amount, and couldnt get anymore? might want to source a new compressor housing and see if you can get a regular 57trim wheel from aaron or something.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
If you got a turbo last year then you prolly didn't get the GT wheel, as Jon has been slow.
BUT if you have a standard .57 trim CT-26 then it's a industry standard T04E .57 trim (56mm) compressor wheel.

Jeff

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Really the only way to find out is to message Jon or check your receipts to know exactly which one he used. I upgrade a lot of CTs here now and can get you whichever you needed. Would you need it cut for the CT or would your turbo repair place over there do it?

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Grimsta;1177546 said:
Really the only way to find out is to message Jon or check your receipts to know exactly which one he used. I upgrade a lot of CTs here now and can get you whichever you needed. Would you need it cut for the CT or would your turbo repair place over there do it?

Could you please explain to me what is done when 'cutting' the wheel?
Does it need to be made smaller than the original?

thanks!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
The back of the wheel needs to be cut to fit the center section. You cant just take a bigger wheel and put it on the turbo