Updated PICs of my post Supra BEAST

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I still have love for the MKIII and enjoy seeing them on the road but I am really enjoying the new ride. I just got my baby back from the paint shop with a complete color change from black to blue. I also added a new hood and blacked the tails and markers. The car is a beast and is a blast to drive.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Mods:
TPS Heads
232/234 .590 112 LSA cam
Ported FAST Intake
Ported TB
CAI
Headers
Corsa X-treme exhaust
Color Change (Black to Kona Blue)
Violator hood
Stage III diff with 4.10's
Satellite antenna removed (dewarted)
ZR1 spoiler
Comp grey spyders
Painted tails and markers
Koni Sports

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Looks beautiful man. Just read about the 2012 Z06 running around Laguna Seca... that thing is frighteningly quick. Was on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires of some sort. Wish I had a car that could run 19's and still have a sidewall, they're a really nice sounding tire. Would look into them if your wallet is feeling fat. :)

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
te72;1771636 said:
Looks beautiful man. Just read about the 2012 Z06 running around Laguna Seca... that thing is frighteningly quick. Was on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires of some sort. Wish I had a car that could run 19's and still have a sidewall, they're a really nice sounding tire. Would look into them if your wallet is feeling fat. :)

Yeah those are the best run flat tires you can get but your right, they are $$$$. I ditched the run flats and run Nitto's 345/30's on 19x12 rims. I have roadside service in the event I get a flat.

thebigbadbanana;1771643 said:
Absolutely beautiful, sir.

Thanks...

Supra_Villan;1771651 said:
Power figures? Time slips? Looks amazing!

Never been to the track (clutch is a 10 hour job on this car with a lift), but it is definitely a 10.9 car with the right driver (that wouldnt be me...lol) It dynoed 480 rwhp on a very rich tune which isnt bad considering it is NA. I had the tune redone but we never put it back on the dyno but I am sure I picked up 5 or 6 ponies by leaning it out. I am looking at a SC kit for it but I am already very traction limited. The SC would take me to around 620 rwhp on 93.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
csnow;1771661 said:
Yeah those are the best run flat tires you can get but your right, they are $$$$. I ditched the run flats and run Nitto's 345/30's on 19x12 rims. I have roadside service in the event I get a flat.

Never been to the track (clutch is a 10 hour job on this car with a lift), but it is definitely a 10.9 car with the right driver (that wouldnt be me...lol) It dynoed 480 rwhp on a very rich tune which isnt bad considering it is NA. I had the tune redone but we never put it back on the dyno but I am sure I picked up 5 or 6 ponies by leaning it out. I am looking at a SC kit for it but I am already very traction limited. The SC would take me to around 620 rwhp on 93.
They make cell phones and friends for if you get a flat. :)

How in the world are you traction limited with 345 Nittos (what sort by the way, I've run 555, 555R, and now NT05, LOVE the NT05...)? Still have over 100mm of sidewall there... suspension really stiff? I realize the LS gives lots of low end torque, but I never had a problem as long as I wasn't violent with the launch. :)

On a side note, I hate front plates, absolutely stupid and it just spoils an otherwise great looking car of any type. :nono:

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
The tires are the Nitto Invos. I can roast the tires at will in 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd. When the cam starts pulling up top the tires start to break free. I really need DRs but I would rather have tire spin than that torque coming back into the car. The diff and tranny are in the rear and a pain to work on because you have to drop the rear cradle. Not to mention they are $$$$ to replace. I already snapped one driveshaft so I dont beat on the car in the lower gears. I am 41 now, so my days of beating on a car constantly have long gone. I get stupid with it on occasion but its mainly just my daily driver. It is very loud so it gets a lot of the wrong attention from the LEOs here in Texas. I get pulled over for stupid stuff light tented tails, no front plate, four over the limit. All warning tickets but it is enough to know they are always watching the car. I just registered the car in Florida since I have a house there too, so no more front plate :) It looks a ton better with it gone

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
You're going to copy it, aren't you :p

I really, really like that blue Chris! Not just blue, but dimensional blue that works with the body lines <3

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
IJ.;1772142 said:
Very nice Chris :)

LOL'd @ your Sig!

How ya been Ian? I see your at 41k posts now :)

toyotanos;1772143 said:
You're going to copy it, aren't you :p

I really, really like that blue Chris! Not just blue, but dimensional blue that works with the body lines <3

Thanks, the color really does fit the car. The pics dont do it justice when you see it in person. There is a lot of flake in the paint that is very brillant in the sun. Even the guys on the corvetteforum approve - I thought the would roast me for putting a Ford color on a vette....lol

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
csnow;1772124 said:
The tires are the Nitto Invos. I can roast the tires at will in 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd. When the cam starts pulling up top the tires start to break free. I really need DRs but I would rather have tire spin than that torque coming back into the car. The diff and tranny are in the rear and a pain to work on because you have to drop the rear cradle. Not to mention they are $$$$ to replace. I already snapped one driveshaft so I dont beat on the car in the lower gears. I am 41 now, so my days of beating on a car constantly have long gone. I get stupid with it on occasion but its mainly just my daily driver. It is very loud so it gets a lot of the wrong attention from the LEOs here in Texas. I get pulled over for stupid stuff light tented tails, no front plate, four over the limit. All warning tickets but it is enough to know they are always watching the car. I just registered the car in Florida since I have a house there too, so no more front plate :) It looks a ton better with it gone
Give the NT05's a shot if they make them big enough. I know you can get a 315 in the 17", but never bothered looking into bigger tires than 17", so I'm not sure what they have. All I know is they stick GREAT for the money, every bit as good as the DR's that I was running before, as long as the road is warm. I'm actually afraid to find out just what the limits are on these tires... they don't break free before my confidence and better judgement gives way, so... yeah, they're good.

And a house in Florida TOO? Well that explains the Vette, doesn't it? :p

csnow;1772307 said:
Thanks, the color really does fit the car. The pics dont do it justice when you see it in person. There is a lot of flake in the paint that is very brillant in the sun. Even the guys on the corvetteforum approve - I thought the would roast me for putting a Ford color on a vette....lol
That's a Ford color? I don't think we can be friend anymore... :rofl:

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Things are good Ian. Just staying busy with work, family, and church. What LS project you working on?

te72,

The only reason I still have the house in Florida is due to the market. I would have to take a complete bath on it due to the market right now. Florida real-estate is horrible thanks to the banks but dont get me started :(

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That's understandable Chris, sorry to bring up a sore spot. :(

And Ian's build is enough to make anyone want a Ute I think...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Luckily you live in a low elevation, with nice weather to enjoy such a car... up here, the SS I had that started as a blast in 2000' Phoenix became a slug at 6600' in comparison. :p