UPDATED!! new -89 RETRO-SPEC front lip with pictures.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
here are the pictures of our new lip, we wanted to make something close to OEM with a little more character, it looks good without after-market side skirts since it doesn't go as low as other lips out there.
2 piece design will make for affordable shipping, if there is enough interest we will run a group buy on it.
CF will be available, please dont mind the rough paint we will paint it someday :biglaugh: let me know what you think!
Paulo.

p1569823_1.jpg

p1569823_2.jpg

p1569823_3.jpg

p1569823_4.jpg

p1569823_5.jpg

p1569823_6.jpg

p1569823_7.jpg

Last edited:

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
It looks good, however, the 2 piece design, IMO doesn't look right. It looks like a big crack in the middle. I would pay more in shipping for a one piece.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
PCguylovesSupra;1569828 said:
It looks good, however, the 2 piece design, IMO doesn't look right. It looks like a big crack in the middle. I would pay more in shipping for a one piece.

point taken thats what need to know from this thread.
Paulo.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I'd be curious as to what the shipping cost difference actually would be. The seam really does stick out and ruin the whole look but might be worth it if it's a huge cost difference...

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Paulo, it looks good but again i dont like the 2 piece design....looks broken. I'd be interested in one though after its made into 1 piece. Any ideas on price?

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
this is now my first choice for a lip, minus the spit in the middle. I was thinking maybe a body shop could get rid of it though? Any thoughts on that? I am guessing that it is made of FG?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
It looks pretty good, but honestly, i'd like to see even a bit more 'character'. It's a bit too close to stock looking.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
I really like it, but as mension'd... the whole 2-piece thing.

Whats the material made of?
I was thinking, maybe once its installed on the car and in place, you could heat the end of a flat head screw driver and kinda "melt the two pieces together" to blend the seam:naughty:
Maybe? Maybe not.. just a thought

I love the almost stock look of it to BTW!

Sam

fazzt73

May 1, 2009
SD
the lip will be fiberglass, making it a one piece would be really easy, in fact the pieces go togheter way closer then what the picture shows, we made the lips on a extra bumper i had at the shop, when i put it on the car the bumper had a slighty different shape (since its installed) and it opened out a bit, we filled it just for the pictures.
the 2 piece lip will save the buyer around 75.00 bucks just in shipping alone, since one piece overlaps the other one turning into a one piece is very easy.i would like to keep the lip around 150.00 shipped on a initial group buy.
i will have updated pics plus a one piece in a bit, Thanks.
Paulo.