Update on my 1jz gs300..56k beware..

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
Well after a damn year and two shops....got my car out with nothing done...So im doing everything myself ....Im also 50 times more knowledgable than the other shops.........The previous shop it was at went under and all they did was mount in the engine but...........the moron didnt put the harness on or manifold so i decided to pull my motor to ease things with wiring and fiting my manifold and single turbo setup........I will keep everyone updated on my swap....I will have to take some time off due to schooling.............

p121230_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
nice......

im guessing u used the gs300 mounts from the 2jzge on the 1j motor???

what kind of turbo you goin with to push that fat boy???

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
yeha i used the ge mounts...........Andy..lond time no see.....i got the harness from Mike Urbano but he passed away couple months ago...Like i said if you have any questions.....lemme know..

Oh yeah im going with a t70...lemme post some pics of me fitin the turbo..

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
oh yeah..andy...whose doing your swap now????Cause i called albert couple months ago and he said u took it somewhere else......I took over the swap myself cause everyone is an idiot...I should have mine done pretty soon...

andy_azn

Jul 9, 2005
tell me about it, been threw 5 shops now $2,000 in the trash. i got this other shop doing it for me, he got the motor started, he also got the twin turbos in with the pipes, they chizzle off some firewall. this shop isn't that good because they used both ecu my gs and the 1jz. gs ecu to run the gauges & 1jz for the motor. will post up pics soon.

andy_azn

Jul 9, 2005
i need a extended harness because the ecu is under the hood on the right side of the firewall.

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
they should just hardwire in the gs body harness to th 1j ecu...........thats what im doing..

thats not safe, they should extend id wire by wire....