UPDATE Another Rustang trying to hot rod gets t-boned by me PICS INSIDE

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
find out what supras are worth in your area or going for and compare them to yours print things off get receipts the works for proof that your car is worth more than there trying to pay you i did it when my ex keyed my car and i have a clean title still!!!!! they will try to dick you around but DONT take it go get a claim from an independent shop and turn it in for exactly what you want done fight as long and as much as possible to keep a clean title and have them not total your car for that bullshit

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
3rdtimearound;925239 said:
Well, I am coming down a two lane road, I am in the left lane. Just as I get there, mustang decides to bust a ubey in front of me, which isn't all that bad until he tries to drift it around, almost all the way around where I t-bone him in the driver's side fender and door. This all happened in front of his little rustang posse of whom he was to impress no doubt. His car wouldn't even start without some sort of first aid to the battery. It would have been all good if he had u-turned into the right lane but no.

So I jumped out of the car pretty hot at this guys bullshit shinanigans, and I may have called him a stupid mother fucker once or four or five times.

So I call the cops, which buy the way are simply useless, and I leave my car right where it was, in the side of a rustang. Deputy Donothing's first words were if the are moveable get them out of the street, so we do.

Then he wants to talk to the rustang's driver who must have told the cop of my threatening remarks which prompts the cop to ask me why I told him to get out of the car, my response being that I called him a stupid motherfucker, with the cops response as oh.

Almost forgot about the witness that came over and gave me his name and stayed to the cop showed up finally but he could care less. He never really even asked me what happened in any detail.

This shit really pisses me off. My front bumper was customnized, key word being was. I had the license plate area filled in and smothed out then painted, cost me close to 400.00 to get both front pieces finished.

He could barely open his drivers door, he will need a new fender for sure and door may be repairable.

Supra wins again.

Here are the pics.

View attachment 19944View attachment 19945View attachment 19946
View attachment 19947View attachment 19948

UPDATE

Well the other ins co has admitted liability--thats the good news, on the the bad news--they want to total my car, and lowballed me, and if I keep it, a salvage title will be assigned to it.

So it is time to negotiate.

Wayne

Couple things. I beleive you meant "couldn't care less" or "could not care less" instead of "could care less". If the Mustang owner had switched to the right lane during the u-turn it would have been an illegal u-turn. That is therefore not an option. By the sounds of it you simply didn't put any thought to anticipate his actions. If you had applied that thought to the situation you almost certainly could have avoided him by switching to the right lane or by utilizing your braking system from the moment he started to "cut you off".

The conclusion is simple. You already stated how bull-headed and emotional you got over the situation. Therefore I think your opinion of the situation doesn't matter, it is not objective. Opinions aside, the Mustang owner probably made a poor decision. By all means the crash could be considered his fault. The problem is that if you were a good driver you could have avoided the collision. Even though you didn't directly subject yourself to the situation where you were cut off, you did help ensure it ended with a collision.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
considering where he hit him, I doubt he could have avoided

the mustang was sideways when he hit him, which would have blocked the right lane as well...

j3pz

still learning
SySt;929731 said:
The problem is that if you were a good driver you could have avoided the collision. Even though you didn't directly subject yourself to the situation where you were cut off, you did help ensure it ended with a collision.

even the best drivers have some asswipe cause an accident. thats beside the point.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
SySt;929731 said:
Couple things. I beleive you meant "couldn't care less" or "could not care less" instead of "could care less". If the Mustang owner had switched to the right lane during the u-turn it would have been an illegal u-turn. That is therefore not an option. By the sounds of it you simply didn't put any thought to anticipate his actions. If you had applied that thought to the situation you almost certainly could have avoided him by switching to the right lane or by utilizing your braking system from the moment he started to "cut you off".

The conclusion is simple. You already stated how bull-headed and emotional you got over the situation. Therefore I think your opinion of the situation doesn't matter, it is not objective. Opinions aside, the Mustang owner probably made a poor decision. By all means the crash could be considered his fault. The problem is that if you were a good driver you could have avoided the collision. Even though you didn't directly subject yourself to the situation where you were cut off, you did help ensure it ended with a collision.

My oipinion, my opinion has nothing to do with the facts of the situation.

The problem is with your opinion on my driving skills--I say to you --you don't know me. I don't know where you get off criticizing, I can say with much certantity, with your 5 or so years of experience driving, if you were in the same situation the outcome would have been much worse.

Dude, go back and look at the pics. Then ask yourself, gee, do I still think he didn't anticipate his actions?

It would have been far worse if I didn't, trust me.

This knucklehead did shoot into the right lane, then he dumped the clutch to show-off---Tokyo drift style, causing him to fish tail all the way around, where I broad sided him on his drivers side, all this happened in my lane.

You do the fucking math.

Oh and by the way, didn't you start that thread a while back titled "What have you damaged"http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30597 You know the one about your assclown shinanigans flying into curbs backwards trying to drift and breaking windshields hitting signs, I could go on and on. Sounds like you both went the dicksmack school of driving.

And you want a LS6, none of us will be safe, you can't keep a 7M pointed straight.

Lastly did I mention, you are an idiot.

Learn how to drive and not to fuck your shit up by having solo car accidents, then come back and voice your opinion.

Wayne

Last edited:

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
well of course the supra won...its a tank lol , i got a 00 mustang and an 87 supra and the supra is a much heavier and stronger car where the mustang will bend fenders rubbing mirros lol

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
I want to thank all the wellwishers from the community, Hopefully we will settle with the insurance company in the very near future.

Wayne

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
3rdtimearound;930425 said:
I want to thank all the wellwishers from the community, Hopefully we will settle with the insurance company in the very near future.

Wayne

No Problem as stated before i hope all goes well. By the way does your car have JDM fogs? I think i saw your car 40min ago going down Kingland Blvd. around 8:38pm. I was turning left onto Houghton Rd. when i see this white Supra with bright yellow fogs.

~JDMMA70

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
JDMMA70;930542 said:
No Problem as stated before i hope all goes well. By the way does your car have JDM fogs? I think i saw your car 40min ago going down Kingland Blvd. around 8:38pm. I was turning left onto Houghton Rd. when i see this white Supra with bright yellow fogs.

~JDMMA70

No, not me, been home since about 7pm. My fogs are yellow hid's, kinda bright.

Where do you live?

I am in Cinco Ranch, gotta hook up someday.

Wayne

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
3rdtimearound;930570 said:
No, not me, been home since about 7pm. My fogs are yellow hid's, kinda bright.

Where do you live?

I am in Cinco Ranch, gotta hook up someday.

Wayne

I am in an Apartment in Nottingham/Green Trails area. Its off of Kingsland and Houghton. Pretty much down the street from Taylor High School (My School) Yeah we should hook up once i get the car running (Needs new Tags and CPS). Ive only seen 3 other Supras down here. A black riced out pre89, a white one with yellow fogs, and a red 91ish i guess. I have to see your car though looks beautiful minus the crack in the bumper.

~JDMMA70

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I notice it's a 91, did the airbag go off..?

if so, that's why the insurance company wants to total it...

sorry to hear about this, there are some dumb-asses out there, and unfortunately you ran into (no pun intended) one...

topguncam3888

Jan 13, 2008
Lancaster, PA
That's a real shame man...good luck though! I fought insurance companies twice and lost both times...they are real assholes. Hope you have better luck than me!!!

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
RazoE;931734 said:
I notice it's a 91, did the airbag go off..?

if so, that's why the insurance company wants to total it...

sorry to hear about this, there are some dumb-asses out there, and unfortunately you ran into (no pun intended) one...

No the airbag did not deploy.

Wayne

ratpick63

detroit iron defector
May 4, 2006
Glendale, CA
Damn Wayne, you do seem to get a little temper. But understandable since we're talking about your car here. Just like he said in Pulp Fiction "just don't fuck with a man's car!"

But seriously, some good advice was offered. I think gtsfirefighter response sounded somewhat helpful.
What helped me after some jackwad hit my Cadillac was going and paying $60 for an appraisal from a classic car dealer to help give a better pre-damage value. The repairs still came to over 80% of that value so they still wanted to "total" my perfectly driving car. I of course kept it and they only deducted about $350 for what they would've gotten from salvage yard to buy my car from ins co. I don't remeber what ins co it was but they only tried to screw me mildly.

I've been with progressive for almost ten years and really don't have anything bad to say. They had to pay on 3 claims within 3 months on me and didn't really fuss with me or even raise my rates much. (bad luck- broken into twice and then an at-fault accident. I can be a jackwad too)

Maybe if you can get your car some more "value" you can at least avoid a salvage title. Good luck.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
ratpick63;932258 said:
Damn Wayne, you do seem to get a little temper. But understandable since we're talking about your car here. Just like he said in Pulp Fiction "just don't fuck with a man's car!"

But seriously, some good advice was offered. I think gtsfirefighter response sounded somewhat helpful.
What helped me after some jackwad hit my Cadillac was going and paying $60 for an appraisal from a classic car dealer to help give a better pre-damage value. The repairs still came to over 80% of that value so they still wanted to "total" my perfectly driving car. I of course kept it and they only deducted about $350 for what they would've gotten from salvage yard to buy my car from ins co. I don't remeber what ins co it was but they only tried to screw me mildly.

I've been with progressive for almost ten years and really don't have anything bad to say. They had to pay on 3 claims within 3 months on me and didn't really fuss with me or even raise my rates much. (bad luck- broken into twice and then an at-fault accident. I can be a jackwad too)

Maybe if you can get your car some more "value" you can at least avoid a salvage title. Good luck.

Yeah, I do get a little hot under the collar when some kid who wasn't even a twinkle in his daddy's eye when I started driving wants to tell me how if I were a better driver and anticipated more it wouldn't have happened. The same guy that started a thread on how he has wrecked his mkIII due to, in my opinion, lack of driving prowess. On more than one occasion I might add with him providing a play by play. What a dick.

The mustang was lucky it was me and not some little old lady in her towncar that never hit the breaks, or some guy on his R1 that flew into the side of his car. It played out to be a pretty minor accident all things considered, and had full potential to be far worse.

Wayne