unpleasant business experience w/ John Doward

Status
Not open for further replies.

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
First of all, it's is not my will to give negative comments to John, afterall, he is one of this Supra community contributor. I do respect his work, since I bought his front brake kits from him, and I love it.
coz of his reputation, and I actually own one of his design, I decided to purchase a rebuild transmission from him, base on his post below:

0.66 5th Gear for R154 Transmission

long story short, the following are my payment schedule for my transmission rebuild:

1> 2009, Jun. 27 - 0.66 5th Gear for R154 Transmission - $4XX (full payment via paypal)
2> 2009, Jul. 07 - transmission rebuild (included rebuild kit) - $1XXX (full payment via check)
3> 2009, Jul. 10 - transmission core fee - $3XX (full payment via paypal)
4> 2009, Jul. 16 - items ordered from Dirftmotion throughs John's - $6XX (full payment via paypal)

payment of shipping were confirmed after everything had been completed per John's IM response on July 14, 2009, which

5> 2010, Mar. 25 - shipping - $2XX (full payment via paypal)

as u can see, I had made my order back in June, 2009, and John finally comfirm the shipment fee on Mar , 2010.

I understand he don't do this for living. And I believe I am being polite and patience to him, in which I did not push for a solid completion date of the transmission, even thought I already paid him +$2300, which he already confirm that payment had been received.

Once the shipment fee had been comfirmed (9 mths later) and paid, I expect it should be sent off right away. However, I the following response from him:

1> packaging that were used on the last one isn't fitting properly
2> package is overweight and need to be repackage
3> transmission input shaft bearing was damaged when Fedex unload the package, which need to be replaced.

per e-mail

a> on April 26 from John, Transmission is 95% back together, and should be sending it the next day.
b> on April 28 from John, the carrier cage was not able to complete due to work.
c> on May 13 from John, the transmission is on the mule car and should be ready to good.

back in last week, June 11 and I didn't heard back from him, which I leave him message in both e-mail and voice mail. And I did message to his wife, Laura, (which I sincerely applogize to treat her as "DOWARD'S GO-TO PERSON") as well that I am looking for John, and will post up what he did to his business with me here in Supramania if he did not response back to me by Sunday, June 13.

It's already been a week now, and I did not received any response from him. I am very disappointed that it almost a year now and I am not able to received my order and the mis-communication.

Again, it is not my intention to give him negative comments, but I feel like I am not been treated fairly in this business dealing.

regard

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.